Akra official announcement

Additional (new) date added for the Corvette Museum Track in August.

Mitchell,

We have no intentions of starting additional races at this time as I stated above. We are talking with existing groups who are looking for options that better serve their racers and enhance their current programs.

Thanks,

Bill McCutcheon
AKRA,Inc

http://www.motorsportspark.org/events/2015-08/

While an August date is very enticing for me, as opposed to the possible weather in October; we already have an event scheduled that August weekend. :(

Joe, my thesis is focused strictly on administrations. Defining what is poo and what is fact is my goal.

By Bruce C. Walls
AKRA
Media and Marketing Director

Two Firsts

BOWLING GREEN, KY- American Kart Racing Association (AKRA) Dart Kart Club (DKC) Road Racing competitors will hold their Grand Finale for their 2015 season at the newly constructed National Corvette Motorsports Park in Bowling Green, KY where they will be the first racing series putting rubber down on green asphalt. DKC racers will compete on the 2-mile West course on August 15-16. This will be the first kart race held at this new facility. We will be running on the 2.0 mile West Course.

Dart Kart Club will host two other events for 2015 under the sanctioning of the American Kart Racing Association beginning at Grattan Raceway in Belding Michigan, May 15-17. A technical circuit with some unique corners and elevation changes that is commonly referred to as "a driver's track." From there the series travels to Mid Ohio Sports Car Course, Lexington Ohio, June 19-21. DKC has held road racing events here since 1963, the second year of the tracks existence.

According to AKRA President/CEO Bill McCutcheon," It is with great pride and pleasure to formally announce the DKC schedule of events for 2015 Road Race series. Due to the concerted efforts of our Newly appointed VP of Pavement Programs for AKRA Van Gilder along with Gene Davis and a host of other passionate Road Race activists an exciting new 2015 season unfolds. This will mark the beginning of many firsts with additional new and exciting programs to follow for our Road Racing community. On behalf of AKRA and the entire Road Racing Community a big thanks to Van and his new team on building the foundation for a program in such a short period of time that will help move this part of our industry into a promising future."

The NCM broke ground on an impressive 184-acre motorsports park across from their museum on Inerstate 64 in Bowling Green, KY. on June 28, 2013. It features a 4-mile LeMans style asphalt road course with east and west sides of 1.1 and 2-mile courses and a highspeed 1.96-miles loop. The spacious venue includes a 22-acre paddock area with a control tower, concessions and a technical inspection area.

"With the Midwest having the largest concentration of enduro style karting, AKRA is very excited in bringing a new regional series back to the center of enduro road racing. Please come join DKC and AKRA in our series races and enjoy racing some of the finest road racing venues in the Midwest," said Andy Leighninger ,DKC President.

Just a question, but the question has been asked off me, and I have never been there. What is the situation with Armco barriers at the Corvette track

Bob,

Sorry for the delayed response, had a crazy weekend. The manager there at the track Mitch was very involved in the construction of the course and he is an avid karter himself. Test by racers from DKC indicated no issues when they ran the initial test there. However, with that being said we will review again the layout prior to event and take any and all appropriate measures in regards to any barriers or other potential areas of concern.
Thanks for the heads up.

Bill McCutcheon

Just a question, but the question has been asked off me, and I have never been there. What is the situation with Armco barriers at the Corvette track

Not sure if this will be of any help or not with folks inquiring Bob, but below is a link to video of a lap around the west course (where the karts will be racing) at NCM Motorsports Park:

VIDEO LINK

We'll miss the August event due to a sprint car race in Iowa. We'll run the fall race at NCM. With all my brakes. lol.

I'll probably be there Jeff, I think WKA will still be sorting out the brake thing then

Nah, I think that is done now....... I will be at the WKA race at NCM. Stop by my pits.

FYI, the WKA RR committee sent 2 karts to the NCM track to test the suitability for karts. We feel the race will be a success, and I am hearing from racers that do not normally run the WKA series, that they will be coming to race the WKA race.

We are in the process of putting up the 2015 AKRA Road Race class structure and Sprint rules package on the AKRA website today in the download section. You will be able to download these free of charge in a PDF format. We hope you will like the simplified version thanks to all the hard work of Gene D, Van G, and Andy L. A lot has happened in the last few months and we are excited about the future of the Road Race and Sprint programs. Thanks for your patience and all the hard work from those who are helping to make this program a reality. Now it's time to go racing and have some FUN!!

Enjoy Karting,

Bill McCutcheon
AKRA, Inc

We are in the process of putting up the 2015 AKRA Road Race class structure and Sprint rules package on the AKRA website today in the download section.

Good Morning all! Is this information available yet? Didn't see anything posted yesterday.

Thank You,

:)

You can also find the rules on the AKRA website under track information tab. We are also working on the site to help navigating and finding the information quicker, thanks for your patience. The road race and sprint sections will be better defined and much expanded as we move forward.

Thanks,

Bill

Back