AKRA Tech Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

DynoDon

The meeting at OVKA this past weekend provided some rules updates. There will be "No" rotating of the retainer when checking running lift. The 2019 rule in the book allows for "1" rotation. That rule is no longer in effect. The new rule is teched as run. March 31st is the deadline to conform to the ruling.
While we are discussing retainers, there are some springs that do not sit on the lip of the retainer. Someone has discovered that increased spring pressure can be obtained by using this type of retainer. The ruling on this is: the spring must sit on the lip of the retainer in it's entirety. There has been requesting to allow grinding on the top of the lifter instead of on the bottom for weight reduction. You will be allowed to grind/machine on top but not to touch the stem of the lifter. I would like to remind everyone that AKRA has not given permission to grind/machine push rods. Auto DQ.

In the post above I made a date error. The date to conform to the new "teched as run on the retainer" is March 31st not March 1st. I also corrected it in the above post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back