Akra tech

I’m not a tech man nor have a tech book but we watched a clone being tech at a race and they had to take a hammer to knock the head off once it was unbolted. Same building couple years ago had motor do the same thing but tech man was scared to break the head. How legal is this or illegal having the head like glued to the block?

it is the responsibility of the owner or representative of the engine to disassemble the engine. The tech man should never disassemble an engine unless it is clearly stated and sometimes needs to be in writing that if anything breaks it is not the fault of the tech inspector. If the broken part cannot be teched the engine is considered out of spec. No one should NEVER use a hammer.

Last edited:
Using sealer on the head gasket is legal, sometimes sealant acts kinda like glue, so it can act like it is stuck on the block.....but a hammer should NEVER be used....and it don't need to be used, even if it is stuck!

Theres some stuff out there that makes red Loctite look like Elmers glue when it comes time for disassembly.

Just for the record, Get out your AKRA 2021 or before rule book. It's right there is print. No new rules or addends. Been that way for 7 years that I know of. Taught in Tech classes for over ten years that I know of. The tech on seats are Max Intake .899 and Max Exhaust .862. No getting into the aluminum below the seats has been that way from the beginning since porting started. Right in the rule books! Just didn't get caught until recently. Maybe the heads need to be taken off during tech to be checked on a regular basic.

AKRA is not costing anyone money to fix the part. The manufacturer of the part that is Cheating for a performance gain should be contacted to fix the problem! AKRA IS NOT COSTING AND RACER A PENNY! THE RULES HAVE NOT CHANGED!

This is the part that really problems me!!! Now they the builders that use this part get a free past (PERFORANCE GAIN which is not legal) until January 1, 2022 to fix. For all the other builders not running this part, they should or need to get a performance gain about the same (I assume by cheating with another part or parts) to get the same level the with the others until January 1, 2022!

I IN NO WAY HARBOR BAD OR ILL FEELING FOR THE BUILDER USING THIS PART THAT CREATED THIS PROBLEM. IT IS TOTALLY ON THE MANUFACTURER OF THIS ONE PART THAT HAS CREATED RACERS A BIG MONEY PROBLEM TO GET THEM FIXED!

What has happened is: if it doesn’t say you can’t, doesn’t mean you can!! From the book: “valve seats may have up to three angles. 30 degree top relief, 45 degree valve face, and 60 degree bottom relief. Seats may be cut to insure proper seal”.

Last edited:
Back