Akron In. Track

Sure wish someone would step up and revive windfall that was the best track around
Currently a corn/bean field, but I'd agree that the little high bank track was sure fun back in the days.

I don't know anything about the status of Akron. We drove through town last weekend, but didn't bother to check out the track at all. With Baer Field closed, there just might be enough interest there to support it again. Plymouth has been trying to get karts but I don't know how successfully. We did stop by the old Bunker Hill track and it's in bad shape - weeds, etc. Drag Strip seems to be doing well though. I don't know the status of Peru (Circus City) and US24(Lake Ciccott) for karts, but by the number of trailers I see going down the road each weekend, their micro/minis program must be doing very well.
If you look at the northern half of the state, there's just not too many dirt tracks (even for full size cars) left anymore.
We would like to schedule a couple more sprint car races north of Kokomo & Gas City, but Plymouth is about the only track left that would work.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Currently a corn/bean field, but I'd agree that the little high bank track was sure fun back in the days.

I don't know anything about the status of Akron. We drove through town last weekend, but didn't bother to check out the track at all. With Baer Field closed, there just might be enough interest there to support it again. Plymouth has been trying to get karts but I don't know how successfully. We did stop by the old Bunker Hill track and it's in bad shape - weeds, etc. Drag Strip seems to be doing well though. I don't know the status of Peru (Circus City) and US24(Lake Ciccott) for karts, but by the number of trailers I see going down the road each weekend, their micro/minis program must be doing very well.
If you look at the northern half of the state, there's just not too many dirt tracks (even for full size cars) left anymore.
We would like to schedule a couple more sprint car races north of Kokomo & Gas City, but Plymouth is about the only track left that would work.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
US 24 was going to try running karts on Sundays this year, but covid happened. Ive been told they're going to try again next year.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
The buul ring was legendary and for good reason. But I personally think the last 2 years of being open was the best. The big track had finally come in and made for some great and fast memories.

Sure would like to see Akron and BaerField both come back. Enjoyed both tracks a lot. Totally different from each other but fun to race on. Brian, Bunker Hill dragstrip is doing good, was there a few weeks for a club event. Lots of cars. US 24 would also be nice to try if we could just get some karts in there. Anyone running Champs with l206 on dirt ? Anything going on at US 41 ?

O.K., thanks. Thought I read someone was cleaning it up and was working on a schedule this season. Guess it never panned out.

O.K., thanks. Thought I read someone was cleaning it up and was working on a schedule this season. Guess it never panned out.
I cleaned it up painted it and was working on everything out there. Then he came back and instead of a partnership wanted to lease at a number way out of touch for me to mess with

Wow ! Sorry to hear that. I had read quite a while back that the guy that owned it was a shiester. Thanks for trying to revive it man !

Would still be awesome if someone could get these tracks going again before interest in karting in Northern Indiana drops off completely.

Gas City Speedway would work for me. Still a 2hr pull from here, but the in laws live 1.5 miles south of the track so that could work out pretty good....lol. Not familiar with Bryant.

Back