Alfano 6 light

I got an ALFANO 6 for $351, new shipped to my door. I LOVE IT. the on screen data you can move/add/remove any way you like, the app for the phone is GREAT, can sit in the shade and look at your runs/data . have not downloaded to the computer yet to review, honestly for what i can do and see and track on my phone there is no need to for me.

also, it has one REALLY COOL FEATURE, where it will overlay your runs on a google map of the track, you can select laps, hit play, and it will run them in real time with each other, so you can actually watch yourself gain/loose time, its really helpful, shows speeds, G forces, acceleration zones, decell zones, you can see when your lifting too late/early, turning too late/early, etc . its very helpful and user friendly.

NOTE ON APP: Alfano must have 10 apps out there, it took me an hour to download and figure out what app worked for my unit, maybe i skipped that in the instructions but that was a bit of a hassle, but if your app crashes when you try to download or view the data, you have the wrong app :)
Which app are you using that allows the map overlay with google? I don't think mine does that...

Which app are you using that allows the map overlay with google? I don't think mine does that...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=b4a.ALFANO_6&hl=en_US&gl=US

i dont know that this is the "same one" since i looked this up on my PC, and it is the android download site, i use IPHONE, and the "ADA" icon is the same as the app i downloaded to my phone. like i said before, they have like 8 apps, it took me HOURS to find the one that worked for mine, and then i had to explore with it some to see what it did

Hope the pics turn out ok...
for whatever reason I can upload the good map screen shot, says file to large....blah blah....

Attachments

• AD6BC418-5BE4-4A3F-BE4B-17DF22E6CB72.jpeg
    AD6BC418-5BE4-4A3F-BE4B-17DF22E6CB72.jpeg
    77.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 0065B383-CF06-4DB6-AFD3-124F8116F43B.jpeg
    0065B383-CF06-4DB6-AFD3-124F8116F43B.jpeg
    59.6 KB · Views: 26
Is it true that Alfano isn't compatible with Mac and only PC? I just ordered one and recently read it might not be compatible.

Is it true that Alfano isn't compatible with Mac and only PC? I just ordered one and recently read it might not be compatible.
i think you have it backwards... i tried to use mychron 5 with mac and you have to download a massive windows file. My mac didnt have enough space

No, this is not true. Used it on a Mac last weekend. That is one of the major upsides to the Alfano. It is compatible with Mac, Windows, and has apps for your tablets/phones.

This thread is a year old, and with the massive chip shortage, my guess you won't find them at that price anymore
Actually through Palmetto, if your a member of their program, the Alfano is only $345. I just bought one last week, they had 12 then but already out of stock.. Also just because the thread is a year old doesnt mean he shouldnt ask. People on here always recommend to use the Search button to help themselves find info. Sometimes, alot of times, those threads are a year or more old. Like the Air Filter question about 10 threads down from this on in the GD section. Heck I got Roasted for posting in the wrong section on here like 4 yrs ago. :) ..

Glad to hear the Alfano can still be had at that price! I am a bit suprised though, as I too worried that the chip shortage would have sent the price north of what its currently selling for. Like I stated before, I love my Alfano 6, I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another one which is actually my plan, as my youngest is getting into the sport, so I just happen to be in the market for another one. (y)

i have had one for a year now like it a lot. it is very eazy to use. the track map replay is neat but it is not alway on the track right. but the play back with rpm at the spot on the track is very help full. my battery has lasted not needed a charge all year. i would give it 5 stars.

Palmetto has is listed for $390 currently (for non members) which is what I paid for mine last year. Its interesting castshop that you’ve had issues with track selection. Mine auto senses where its at, and updates itself automatically, so its never showed me at the wrong track.

The battery life is insanely good. I got 8-9 months out of mine and it still had like 30% battery remaining when I put it on the charger. And we don’t have an off season here due to the weather, so I race year round! I wish the battery on my mylaps transponder was like that, lol.

I heard from an Alfano distributor that they were just informed that Alfano raising the price by $100 more retail. So if you can pick one up at the current prices, you’d better jump on it quick!

I just popped for the Alfano 2T today before the price jumped. I was going to wait until this summer when I throw my X-30 on, so now my plan is to throw my current 1T on my kids new Lo206 kart.

Just an FYI

Alfano 6 2T.png

Back