Alfano 6 Questions

Rockne

Not sure how many people are running an Alfano 6, but I just got mine in the email and am switching over from a Mychron 4. So far I love being able to customize the screen to my liking...but I cannot seem to get a GPS Signal, anyone have any ideas? Maybe I set it up incorrectly?

Never mind, I figured it out......the dummy using the piece of equipment (Me), just needed to stand outside with a clear view and it worked like a charm.... #fail

Let me know how you fair adjusting the RPM reading from 1.6 to 1,600. I changed mine, but for the life of me I can't remember how I did it (I was drinking at the time when I was messing with the menu settings) and I get that question from other Alfano users all the time, lol.

Let me know how you fair adjusting the RPM reading from 1.6 to 1,600. I changed mine, but for the life of me I can't remember how I did it (I was drinking at the time when I was messing with the menu settings) and I get that question from other Alfano users all the time, lol.
I was hoping I could find it somewhere on here lol....Guess not :)
I will play with it some and see what I can come up with.

What do you need to do if you have to get repairs done?

If you’re asking if the repair process is as easy as Mychron, that is definitely not the case.

However, if you need repair/replacement, you work with your dealer who sends it back to the importer. We haven’t had any issues with this process.

Again, nowhere near the domestic service of Mychron (who is amazing compared to any company).

If you’re asking if the repair process is as easy as Mychron, that is definitely not the case.

However, if you need repair/replacement, you work with your dealer who sends it back to the importer. We haven’t had any issues with this process.

Again, nowhere near the domestic service of Mychron (who is amazing compared to any company).
Were you able to figure out how to set the RPM??

Hi, I can't get a GPS signal on my Alfano 6 even after it's been on outside for over an hour.... Any ideas? Someone else at our club has an Alfano... His has a signal today, mine doesn't (btw, this is only the 3rd time it's been used, purchased a month ago).

I just got another Alfano (2T) and I had a weird set of circumstances happen.

1. It came out the box reading the correct RPM (1,600 vs. when my first one was reading 1.6 RPM) which was nice. So I didn’t have to play with the multiplacation factor in the setting menu.

2. Mine would not recognize my home track either. But after I put in 3 laps, somehow the unit picked up the location.

In the settings if you click “automatic” it should pick up the track. But for some weird reason it took a few laps before the unit realized where it was at, while trackside, with the kart not moving- I was getting nada.

Rockne:

1. Click the gear icon setting (bottom left of your home screen)
  2. Click on the screw driver/ wrenches crossed together (Top second from right)
  3. Hit the down arrow until you find option 4 (RPM)
  4. Set your RPM Freqency to 10Hz
  5. Set your RPM factor to X1
  6. Engine Type to Standard

Your RPM should should start reading 1,600 RPM.

Last edited:
What’s the difference between the 1T and 2T. Can u not have a rpm sensor, speed sensor and a temp on the 1T?
The 1T only offers one sensor, where the 2T offers two sensors. I could be wrong but I think speed is generated by the GPS.

1T is better for 4 stroke, as it just reads head temp, but that is an additonal sensor at an additonal cost ($89 bucks +/-) as the only sensor that comes standard with the unit is the RPM sensor.

2T is better for 2 stroke where you need more temp sensors (like head temp and water temp).

Hello,

For the Alfano 6, the RPM is showed with a format of 2.00 instead 2.000 for the RPM for exemple.

The RPM displayed doesn’t show the last number of unit, this has not sense because the units digit changes too quickly for the human eye when RPM increase or decrease.

There is no point in displaying of this last number, it overloads the screen unnecessarily, so we remove it of the screen.

This cannot be modifed.

I hope this can help you

BR

Back