Alignment...

You do not need to spend tons of money to check alignment, which is really important because any time you hit even lightly something it might have changed. Even tools for camber/caster and alignment are very resonable if you are gonna be in kart racing for a few years.

We race sprint karts and most of us use the snipers. $225 is a good price I think. This is the tool for "everyday" alignment. If you think your kart may have been bent/tweaked etc. then going to a kart shop with a frame table and other specialized equipment is needed. The video with the Aussie Tony Kart guy is a pretty good intro to snipers. A lot of folks set some toe out one the stand so it will be neutral toe when loaded. The snipers will give you camber and toe and let you see if caster is equal (but it won't tell you how much caster).

I wasn't aware that my kart was an import...
What is considered a small tube?..
Google CKR kart, made in Italy. Tube diameter, thickness and type is used in karts to control handling characteristics. The sad thing at least IMO is that some of the best handling karts for lower HP classes are also the softest and easiest to get bent. I guess it's not really that sad for me as I fix and straighten karts for many sprint racers here in Colorado.

Google CKR kart, made in Italy. Tube diameter, thickness and type is used in karts to control handling characteristics. The sad thing at least IMO is that some of the best handling karts for lower HP classes are also the softest and easiest to get bent. I guess it's not really that sad for me as I fix and straighten karts for many sprint racers here in Colorado.
I guess it's a 30 mm kart... it is very much capable of being a shifter kart. Even in the numbering on the side it says shifter kart.. it has the provision coming up the right side steering post for a shifting lever and the front spindles I can tell have accommodations to connect calipers..
Having a lo206 to practice with and just getting used to being in the kart is all I need for now. even when I step up to world formula or who knows further I'm not liking to be top dog...
All of this is a knowledge gaining learning process for me. I love the competition and all that stuff but learning new stuff is probably my favorite part.. kind of like when I put air condition in my hot rod. Completely built the entire system vacuumed the system and charged the system without any help whatsoever but it was all a learning process. Same with the complete nitrous set. All the timing retard low pressure switch window switch arming switch activation switches and all the stuff that people don't think of. It's not just throw a bottle in the trunk... Anyways I was just giving kind of an example of learning all the ins and outs and being knowledgeable... The truly great listening to everybody's take the different ways they do their alignment and what things are to look for. I'm sure appreciating everybody's suggestions and then put on the subject.. I'm sure there's a million ways to skin this cat...

Not a problem Jpar , I haven't advertised it yet as I'm going to list all the left over parts as soon as I get some pictures
Thanks RB

Not a problem Jpar , I haven't advertised it yet as I'm going to list all the left over parts as soon as I get some pictures
Thanks RB
With the purchase of the kart, the new seat the new helmet the new gloves the new jacket the new neck protector the beacon for the mychron 4 all the different gears chain breaker.....
I've done a lot of spending this last month or so it's just time to drive the kart for a while...
I sure appreciate your feedback on the product and everyone's experience with alignment..

Going for a four wheel alignment and four corner scale tomorrow.. I think he checks the frame for alignment and all of that stuff as well. I just want everything checked out once and then I can keep the alignment straight from there but possibly buying a device. But it will be a while before I do something like that. I'm pretty sure this alignment should last me so I'm able to get into world formula...

Back