almost have everything i need. just need alittle more.

foundreverse

been collecting parts for over a month now and just about got everything i need. Here's what im missing.

1.motor mount clamps for honda cr500. (kart is a 2001 QRC open.)

2. spring that goes on top of slide under the cap. (keilin carb)

3. driving suit. im 6'2'' 240ish# prefer one piece.

4. arm restaints.

Let me know what you got and what you want for it. my budget is pretty slim now so i got to just buy little pieces at a time. Thanks guys! looking forward to racing with you all come april. Ive got alot of work to do still.

You can get restraints and suit pretty cheap from speedway motors. Being a big guy myself I'll suggest you go with a two piece suit one pieces they make make them for tall guys or round guys. So you either have one that is very long in the leg or sleaves or they are super tight in the belly area and ride up on you bad.trust me tried my first 1 piece last year and never again

What Jake is saying is correct. we pretty much have to do 2 piece for Josh because of that. He is 6 ft or very near and weighs like a buck forty. I have a large multi layer suit, 1 piece, but it BARELY fits him now. Its pretty heavy too. but it really is what we need if you can make one work
Speedway has nice packages including shoes and gloves starting around 200.00

sidenote: Im at work and I can hear the modifieds on the wheel dyno up the street most all day. The season is drawing nearer !

I'll have to look at speedway. I don't really have a belly or anything I'm just a thick dude with long legs and big shoulders.

if you are going to pella Saturday I can bring mine with for you to try on it's a 3x I'd sell it but it's got the typical burnt arm from the clone motor and the belt part is torn from a fat guy trying to make a little more room in it lol.I may have an old set of Velcro restraints I'd sell for 10 bucks .I don't remember if I already sold them or not i'll check

Yeah I'll be in pella. Send me your number in private message so we can meet up sat. I may not be able to buy on sat. But if i like it I'll buy it sometime soon.

I found a clutch lever. Thank anyway professor5.
I got lucky and My kart came with a nice kirkey lightweight seat that fits me perfect graham. So I didn't have to shop for one.

Yes, she got the tail. Mounting to the mount puts the ignition coil and Msd too close together in some engine builders opinions. Mounting on back of seat you can separate them.

ill have to look at that. Again, thanks for the tip. We are top ending it today, Im surprised how old the piston was, and how good the bore LOOKED ( I havent measured taper yet). Certainly a different way of thinking went into the top end on this motor vs what Jim did. I have to look at the carb tomorrow and see if we can get it to idle. Pilot jet too rich, or the circuit plugged would be my guess.
Im getting excited. We got our vinyly on, it looks great moving, but I had some real problems on the curves, especially the hood lol ... oh well, its what we do. Josh and I do all this stuff ourselves and we have a gas with it.

Back