AMB scoring system info wanted from RACE-1

Racers,
We are looking at buying a scoring system and want input from you.
Cost for transponders is $116, they may be used on multiple karts per night.
1. Would that stop you from racing here, probably would have some rentals available
2.how many tracks in the area are using the system
3. How many racers already have a transponder.

I am looking for any input, good or bad on transponder systems. This is a large investment for the track and I want to do it right.

We would like to get the system soon BUT it would not be mandatory until next year.

PM me here, text me at race-1@comcast.net or call me 814-590-4139
Andy Watt

Don't see a need 4 it if you are getting 100 + kart on regular race night then yes if not lighting and PA systems Is where I would put my money at just my opinion

This is from both a racer POV as well as Promoter/Employee POV. I work for 3 tracks (all use Mylaps Scoring Systems). At Snydersville the track I promote, we use a Mylaps X2 Timing System with 80 rental transponders.

Most tracks in North East PA now use electronic timing and mainly the Mylaps system.

Having the timing system has drastically improved how quick results and lineups are processed at Snydersville. We save an average 20 minutes every week by using the system and utilizing its many features to help that. It also reduces the amount of staff needed to handle hand scoring, lineups, results, ect. I can say I scored a race by myself with 96 entries of cars among 11 divisions doing lineups, scoring, results using a Mylaps System. It also reduces the amount of complaints for what position the driver goes under caution. The drivers now know that they are being scored by a system used by Nascar and its hard to argue against it. The only downside is not many weekly karters buy a transponder, especially if they are on a tight budget. So getting rental transponders will be required.

As a driver I love having the electronic scoring cause I can now compare myself against the rest of the field. This allowed for the racing to get better and more competitive.

Overall, Having the electronic scoring has made the life of track promoter and racer a little easier. Any track making the transition, I encourage to get a system. They won't regret it. If you need any information of cost of a new Mylaps System PM me.

I have a complete Westhold system for sale. 60 transponders, charger and pouches. Anyone interested please call 315-592-4251.

Thanks
Rich

I do not race at Race 1 but Everywhere I have raced the transponder is included with the entry maybee I got lucky in the places I have raced but I have never rented a transponder in any form of racing...I have seen that Lindas does rent them for microsprints but I never raced there when we ran Micros. I have no dog in the fight but I would not buy one or rent one to race. JMO too many places that already have them and do not charge anything for them...I guess I look at it at as a cost of doing business for a track owner sort of like an upgrade in machinery. JMO

Andy we do not compete at your facility regularly but I applaud your efforts and only hope that maybe other local tracks would decide to follow your lead!

I don't think you should make ppl rent them . Yeah buy the holder but not rent the transponder. We used them at denochick race... we bought the holder and gave them our drivers license to hold when we got the transponder

got a message from a track who charges $5.00 extra for pits since they got a system, yes no rent fee but a raise in everybodys pit fee, same differance.
most tracks in the south require you to have a raceiver ( about $125) and a transponder ($116)
I am not going to argue either way, just looking for input.
Most big car tracks require a transponder that cost $500, no rental, lease is about $160 per year
Not sure what we are doing yet, IF we switch to transponders it will not be until next year.
Andy

It is put in the entrée fee or pay rent no one rides for free, It don't madder what kind of race it is

Our entry and pit pass has not gone up since I have started racing...Actually pitpasses have gone down and they just purchased a new transponder scoring system this year due to the other system crashing all the time. Never rented a transponder ever we also have one of the lowest entry and pitpass fees in the Pa. area. I am sure what ever you guys decide to do will be in the best interest of the racers! Good Luck!

The only races we have used them is the bigger races or series stuff like BMS, Ultamate, Denochick Race and so on. I dnt know of any local tracks around here that uses them on a regular basis. They are nice but worth the extra expense for you and the racer???? We would be good either way.

The only races we have used them is the bigger races or series stuff like BMS, Ultamate, Denochick Race and so on. I dnt know of any local tracks around here that uses them on a regular basis. They are nice but worth the extra expense for you and the racer???? We would be good either way.

They are handy to have if you work at the track....Hunterstown uses them every week no matter what the kart count is and have been for past 5 years at least since I have been going there...They make the show go a lot smoother and quicker If they do not crash...since they bought new ones they have had no issues.

Back