Angle milling predator heads

Phelbo78

Having machine work done on a new engine and have been considering angle milling the head this time considering the different ways you can with single piston engine. Heard if angle milled sideways and exhaust is lower it will help flow. Has anyone had experience with this?

You never know .
I'm curious where you heard it ?
on the inter web , a bench racing sesion or a engine bulder ?
I personally don't see angle milling .020 or .030 off actually helping .
It would give a slight angle too the valve , Likely less then one degree .
4* or more would surelyhave an effect .

You never know .
I'm curious where you heard it ?
on the inter web , a bench racing sesion or a engine bulder ?
I personally don't see angle milling .020 or .030 off actually helping .
It would give a slight angle too the valve , Likely less then one degree .
4* or more would surelyhave an effect .
Yea somewhere on the internet but don't remember where. It's hard to find any literature to study this. I'm afraid if did more than a few degrees you would run into bolt hole issues (which can be fixed) and geometry issues. I run a sport mod class so gotta stay within rules. Pushrods have to be stock length

Myself i wouldn't worry about that .
Bigger valves , port job or camshaft if they are within the rules .

You are probably thinking in terms of big car v8 valve angles. Standard sbc heads have a 23* valve angle and one way to greatly improve flow is to angle mill the heads “less angle” or by using a aftermarket casting with less valve angle. The only way to verify flow increases would be a flow bench and anything else is a guess. Imoh you would be better off concentrating on port velocity and compression rather than valve angle.

Back