angled carb stud?

roadboy3

Has anyone seen the ruing carb with the stud that houses etube/jet and carb bowl screws too ground on one side at tip to an angle??

Teching a major brand bsp engine and this is what I found..looks to b ground at an angle on one side.none og my comparison carbs are like this but just wondering if mayb another new type of part had surfaced..

As I asked earlier was it an untouched engine, I did not know if you bought a retail engine of unknown source to us and discovered something new, or you were looking at an engine that has been modified for competition. So without me assuming anything from your description I asked the seemingly simple question..

Now that I know you were doing a Technical inspection, it would be deemed a modification, falling into "no machining or alteration allowed unless specified",

Just surprised to see it especially from this builder..just too easy to spot which led me to wondering if its something new on some carbs from factory..what would the purpose b anyway..?

I cannot reason what advantage someone may dream up for this. On which side did they put the bevel? There are always little things done to engines which mean nothing and have no reasoning. Unfortunately it may get an uninformed competitor to be DQ'd.

Im with you kart43..thats why I brought it Up.why in the world is it there..did they accidently brush the grinder wheel with it? Lol..and if so why did they not trash it instead of putting the customer at risk for dq
..smh.:/...

Sounds like one of those things where a builder was trying something new to see if there were any gains to be had and see if it would be noticed in tech? Im with Kart43 on this also

Sounds like a "Hook". Something that is just stupid and does nothing but catch your attention. You get all caught up in this little anomaly and it becomes the center of attention, that is it's purpose to be a focal point. So why would anyone do this? Because now you are fixated on this weird useless part and not looking for the real performance mod that they don't want you to see.

Misdirection is a form of deception in which the attention of an audience (the tech inspector) is focused on one thing in order to distract its (the tech inspector's) attention from another. (google).....i know that i would fall victim to it, but when confronted with something like this, i would start looking at everything else....

Looking at the picture it is possible it was a bad casting, and somebody ate the foundry touched it to clean it up. There would be no performance reason for that. I took the liberty of posting your picture below. To prevent any further confusion I would replace the carb body.

has no rhyme or reason for grinding that way.....i think sump ting wong had one too many sake's the night before....

Sounds like a "Hook". Something that is just stupid and does nothing but catch your attention. You get all caught up in this little anomaly and it becomes the center of attention, that is it's purpose to be a focal point. So why would anyone do this? Because now you are fixated on this weird useless part and not looking for the real performance mod that they don't want you to see.
"We've" never done that...(have WE?) :)

The 'color' strikes an interest as well. But I wud tend too go w/ DynoDon's 'calling' on this one (don't let me see it again) unless I 'senced' a guilt-trip in the tech-shed. Remember....'Innocent, until....Proven Guilty'! (Well...that's the way the-system 'used-2b') jmo

"hummmm"....wud 'Nitro' do that?....:)

Remember....'Innocent, until....Proven Guilty'! (Well...that's the way the-system 'used-2b') jmo)

What system was that? Not any system that involves racing, or any other system that I know off. That's not how it's really supposed to be written. or quoted.

Looking at the picture it is possible it was a bad casting, and somebody ate the foundry touched it to clean it up. There would be no performance reason for that. I took the liberty of posting your picture below. To prevent any further confusion I would replace the carb body.

Why is it so discolored around that area also? Never seen that before

Back