animal bore

Outrider

Or you can do the aircooled equivalent of what we used to do to make really big inch flathead Ford V8s - bore it out into the fins so that it will take an oversized sleeve, then bore the new sleeve. Of course, that runs into the same problem we used to have running flathead Briggs engines - all the tricks that souped up a flathead Ford V8 engine were illegal in most karting rule books. I haven't purchased a WKA rule book for awhile (that's on this year's todo list), but it's a good bet that you'll run into rule book bore size limits at or before the point where physical bore instability issues become a problem.

Bonanza

I haven't purchased a WKA rule book for awhile (that's on this year's todo list), but it's a good bet that you'll run into rule book bore size limits at or before the point where physical bore instability issues become a problem.
I dont recall the exact bore size but remember it's approx .035 over

Jimbo

You can fool some of the people some of the time
I would never bore it to the fins. There is nothing to stabilize the cylinder for ring seal or for that matter keep it from blowing off the first time you start it up.
I have done lots of them at 2.750" with the stock sleeve. You can go somewhat bigger though.