Animal carb main jets?

Brettm57

Does anyone know if the Mikuni small round main jets (That's what they call them!) will work in the stock Animal carb? According to information I've found on line the thread size is the same, but the head is 1mm bigger in diameter and 1mm thicker. The numbering sequence appears to be the same as well.

A friend of mine that's into old dirt bikes showed me a Mikuni carburetor from a '70's era Honda that is exactly the same as the stock Animal carb today. That's what got me thinking that maybe the small Mikuni jets might work? It would be nice to have a source for jets for these carbs.

I see no reason not too .
If the thread matches should be very little tuning difficulty.
I didn't look to see if that would pass tech . Probably not .

In our case we're running in the open class, so tech is a non-issue. I'm pretty sure my local motorcycle dealer keeps them in stock, so I'll take a carb in sometime and see if they'll fit.

If they're thicker, that could change the height that the fuel needs pulled into the venturi, and possibly the tune slightly.
You say you can't get animal jets? What are you looking for? We have more than a hundred here in the shop from stock gas sizes through alcohol sizes, even sets.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

If they're thicker, that could change the height that the fuel needs pulled into the venturi, and possibly the tune slightly.
You say you can't get animal jets? What are you looking for? We have more than a hundred here in the shop from stock gas sizes through alcohol sizes, even sets.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
I'm not really looking for anything right at the moment. It was more of a "what if" thing. I was just thinking if I did want to experiment with jets I could go to my nearby motorcycle dealer and buy them rather than wait for an order to come in.

Back