Animal carb overflow

Syracuse1

Hello. I am brand new to Animal 4 cycle racing and forgive me if this has been asked before. I tilt my Kart up to put it on the Kart stand and gas flows out of the little hole on the horizontal nozzle on the carb when I tilt it. I solved that by putting a pice of tubing over it when I tilt the Kart then taking it off. The gas also leaks out of the bottom of the drain on the carb. I vented the oil overflow onto a catch can so that's all set. I've seen guys put a can on the gas one too. I also heard you could just pinch off this hose as it isn't a vent but rather just an overflow. I took mine and ran a long tube all the way down and then up into my gas tank. I'm thinking the gas may stay in the line due to gravity however since the gas tank is vented it should act like a giant catch can. I maybe wrong so thoughts and ideas about this. If it is OK to just pinch the line off I'd prefer that. Thanks for any help. I'm happy to see this site and immediately joined as it looks like you guys are the most knowledgeable.

First off, welcome!
There's a bunch of great guys on here to help.

Do not pinch off the overflow line. It is there by design.
Yes, you can run it to a catch can (some sanctioning bodies and tracks require this.) Keep the line running downhill so gravity can do it's thing and fuel doesn't back up in the line. I wouldn't run it back to the fuel tank, personally.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back