Animal clutch--Need opinions pros and cons

I run animal heavy and X heavy flat kart. First off, is it better to run a 2 disk 6 spring or a 3 disk 4 spring. Second, what brand is both best and long lasting as far as durability. Need help asap!

Opinions appreciated,

Esh

I personally like a Bully 3 disk 6 spring. Good durability locks hard. We also have a 2 disk noram cheetah good durability. But all clutches will last long with proper maintenance.

Personally, I prefer the 3 disc over 2 disc for animals.

Now, IF you had few starts/restarts, the 2 disc would be sufficient (I'd still have a steel basket on the 2 disc though.) In the event that you have a lot of cautions/restarts, the 2 disc will get warm and be less consistent. The 3 disc dissipates heat better and offers more surface area for the torque that the animal engines produce. Also not as necessary to run the steel basket with the 3 disc.

I've got guys that run them all sorts of ways - what's "best" according to one person, is not always "best for all."

--
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I agree with Brian. Pick a clutch that will fit your solution better. I've ran a 9 shoe maxtorque drum clutch that hit just as hard as my bully but wore a lot quicker.

2 disc bully 6 spring with steel basket works just fine for me in animal heavy. Engage at 3800 to 4000 rpm. Great hookup and awesome starts.

Back