Animal cutting out

Try a new fuel pump
See if someone will put your carb on their engine and see what happens
See if someone will let you run their carb and see what happens

Pre ignition or detonation will have the symptoms you are describing. The 3910X eliminates the spark plug as the culprit. That means that the ignition timing is the next suspect. What is the timing set at in Degrees BTDC?
So how much fuel comes out of the overflow during qualifying. In other works drain the catch tank and then measure it. Like how many cc's or ounces?
Gas or methanol?

I don't have a catch can on the carb but it's a steady flow as in as much as the pump will pump it's coming out. Not sure on timing but wouldn't that show in practice also?

It sure sounds like the inlet needle is stuck open to me.
Make sure that the float drop setting is correct and that the tab is not slipping over the top of the post as I described in my previous post.
Also...Is the set screw tight that drains the carb bowl? Hate to overlook the obvious. :)

The set screw mentioned is actually a phillips screw. Push come to shove, just plug the overflow and see if it runs. I still can't see how you have two engines (as mentioned in your first post) doing the same thing.

Well I ran both carbs yesterday and they started out fine but didn't even get through first practice and they were cutting out. They carbs run fine on the stand (don't they all). I took 1 carb and adjusted the float to .840 and it ran better. Cut out at the end of the straight going into the turn and throughout the turn. It would start to pick up back on the straight. It's not over flowing but running out of fuel. Looking at some motor mounts yesterday and I seen guys running 5° mounts and some using 15° which gave me the reason to set the float a little higher. I've spent alot of time and money in this motor and I'm ready to throw it in the river for an anchor!!

I posted this in other threads and realize some engine builders say bull, BUT I witnessed all cases had same thing happen had to get off 15* mount go to 5* never did it again even though raced a full season with same motor on 15* mount with no issues. Had that happen myself and know of 2 others. The other guy was same deal chased it 1/2 a season tried about everything, it ended up being he just had to switch type of air filter he was using, pretty sure he was using the bigger more floppy at the neck, and had to switch to the smaller Regular animal filter problem solved, can't recall in those cases if they had fuel flowing out overflow but were cutting out in the turns with no consistent pattern other than the longer the night went the worse they got.

As much as you may not want to it admit it you are missing something or doing something wrong! I'd suggest you get someone to look at the motor locally or send it to someone that knows how to fix it. There are thousands of Animals in use and when things are done correctly they work great. It ain't rocket science.
No don't send it to me unless you want to wait a month to get it back. I'm swamped with work.
I'll bet Brian Carlson could fix you up in no time, if he isn't overloaded also.
Best of luck.

Racing promotor I've got the bigger filter now and was running the small filter but didn't like that there wasn't much on the filter to grab the carb. The motor mount throws me off seeing engines run fine on both. Jimbo, Im gonna call a local builder tomorrow and see if he can fix the issue.....I'm am literally burned out on chasing this demon

Racing promotor I've got the bigger filter now and was running the small filter but didn't like that there wasn't much on the filter to grab the carb. The motor mount throws me off seeing engines run fine on both. Jimbo, Im gonna call a local builder tomorrow and see if he can fix the issue.....I'm am literally burned out on chasing this demon

We thought the same thing at the time, like I said in my case same mount, same motor, same track for over a year all of a sudden started cutting out, had the builder change numerous things pretty sure it was fixed every time, NOT A guy I didn't know from Adam happened to be at the track saw our issue walked over told me his demon issue as you put it, told me I know it's sounds crazy but change the mount I happen to have one so I changed it, went out and won the feature it never did it again. Didn't say it made any sense just saying what fixed it.
Filter issue same deal the guy fought it 1/2 a season, he made adjustments numerous builders looked at it thought they fixed it numerous times, another guy who's kid was running same class walked over told us his horror story about the filter figured what does he have to loose tried everything else, switched filter went out won the feature never did it again.
Just Say " N " trying to save more frustration there both an easy test.

Also have you checked the tach lead wire, I've seen them making contact causing cutting out.

I guess I'll try the mount and filter and if nothing else send it to the builder....I have checked the tach wire, don't think it's grounding the plug that I see

So someone else built this engine for you? Why isn't he helping you?
I can't see a motor mount and filter fixing this?

Ken is referring to the cheaper filters or "bad" filters getting water logged literally and or figuratively when washing or with too much filter oil or with any combination of the two and as the day goes on the filter collects dirt and acts the same way as pulling the choke lever.

Of course this is assuming everything else is correct and in working order with the mechanics of the engine itself.

I bought my main motor off a gentleman that I know and the other motor is a buy out motor. Both motor were fine the're first couple of races and BAM this started happening. It's kind of the same scenario as promotor had experienced. This is just a problem that showed up and won't leave.

Cole & sparkin06
An air filter does not cause fuel to continuously run out of the overflow of the carb. Nor does a 5 , 7 or 15 degree motor mount unless you have really screwed something up. Saturating the air filter with oil or dirt can certainly cause the engine to run rich but it won't cause fuel to come out of the overflow.
If you have fuel pouring out of the overflow as he has led me (us) to believe setting the float level at .840" is the wrong way to be going with it. He should be going to a higher number like .870" for example.
That's why i suggested he seek professional help.
No offense to anyone is intended.
Sometimes it just makes sense to get someone with more experience and knowledge.

No offense taken, I'm a motor moron and the fact that it's spilling fuel made me think it's different than what I explain, as for Cole he was just adding info to my comments on the filter, he was NOT saying that was the issue.
I'm just giving info hoping to save $$$ and frustration.

Good Luck !!

This may sound way out there in left field, but I've seen two different things cause this exact same problem. One is the screw on tip of the spark plug being loose. The other is the spark plug cap being loose on that same part.

I talked to Mr Carlson Saturday before going to the track and he got me setting my carb right. It's not over flowing now but it did sound like it was running out of fuel as why I raised the float for a little more fuel in the bowl. After I raised the float it ran a little better down the straights but still cut out in the corners. I did notice the plug boot not feeling right when I came off in my last race but I did pinch it to grab the plug a little better. I only cranked to flush it after that

Back