Animal engine identification

You need to replace that flywheel.
I have plenty of JR flywheels (new and used) as well as new PVL flywheels and coils.
If you're looking to just keep it for the backyard circuit, bolt up the JR billet flywheel and have fun with it.
Don't worry about carb serial numbers and all of that.
A good rod would be the next thing to replace - especially if you plan to turn over 6000 rpm.
Then mild cam, valve train, bigger carb, etc.
Dream big, but start out small and work your way up.
If you're just wanting to "compete" and not "dominate" then why spend more money than you have to.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Not to hijack someone's thread , but rather than starting a new thread I'll ask here.
While parts surfing I just got what appears (according to the head bolt bosses and fins on the block) to be a generation 4 animal, it has a Two leg coil and a cast iron flywheel with a plastic blower fan , was supposed to be a LO206 that can't be used because of recent rebuild , I've seen cast iron flywheels for plastic fans on ebay, but I can't find any info as whether they came on animals. safe for 6000/ junk for over 3600? motor isn't for racing , just a throaty mini bike.

Not to hijack someone's thread , but rather than starting a new thread I'll ask here.
While parts surfing I just got what appears (according to the head bolt bosses and fins on the block) to be a generation 4 animal, it has a Two leg coil and a cast iron flywheel with a plastic blower fan , was supposed to be a LO206 that can't be used because of recent rebuild , I've seen cast iron flywheels for plastic fans on ebay, but I can't find any info as whether they came on animals. safe for 6000/ junk for over 3600? motor isn't for racing , just a throaty mini bike.
Animals never came with cast iron flywheels. Post up a picture of what you have.

This is the flywheel

Attachments

• IMG_3769.jpeg
    IMG_3769.jpeg
    99.1 KB · Views: 23
Not animal flywheel or coil .
Intake looks wrong as well .
Take the numbers of the shroud and google them or use the Briggs website to search .
Model 15 Maybe.

I am certain that was never an LO206. It is either a Model 12 or 15 Intek. In terms of sanctioned racing what you have is worthless. I never heard of anyone attempting to use that flywheel in any performance application but I certainly wouldn't, potentially dangerous and too heavy. The carb is probably a China copy and the intake manifold(s) are ridiculous. Hope you didn't pay much.

It has a bolt filling the governor hole, looks like someone is going to be bummed when he eats return shipping for misrepresented item

Attachments

• IMG_3770.jpeg
    IMG_3770.jpeg
    111.3 KB · Views: 12
the seller said it had the wrong intake, claimed it was a fresh rebuild LO 206 animal that couldn't be used for sanctioned races, I didn't pay that much but the shipping from Texas was $93.25 and I will be making a claim if he doesn't make it right!

the seller said it had the wrong intake, claimed it was a fresh rebuild LO 206 animal that couldn't be used for sanctioned races, I didn't pay that much but the shipping from Texas was $93.25 and I will be making a claim if he doesn't make it right!
Make the claim, there is no way to make that engine "right" unless he sends you another engine.

I filed for the return , I paid 75 bucks for a like new Intek last year, this motor , to me isn't worth the shipping.

Last edited:
Back