Animal flywheel in Modified

Yes before the animal came with the JR Race car it was using the first version thin cast aluminum wheel.
It probably was a wheel they had made for their industrial low rpm engines, it was very light weight and thin through the center area and would crack and break away at the transition to the thicker tapered mounting hole section. That wasn't the only thin thing on the first animals the cover was light and thin metal, the blocks where too thin in areas, the dippers would break off the paddle end that they had. Briggs made many improvements since then with the many version changes. I still have a few animal 1 versions in case someone is interested in them.

Briggs made many improvements since then with the many version changes. I still have a few animal 1 versions in case someone is interested in them.
They can work fine for plate motors, if you are willing to go without the PVL. Even better use them as a fixture on a flow bench to test heads!

The JR Racecar stock animal flywheel and ignition and the Briggs billet aluminum, PVL ignition Animal flywheel will work and be safe for high rpm's. Briggs cast aluminum flywheels that came on the first generation Animals will not work well and are dangerous even at low rpm's.
Do u have a picture of what that flywheel may look like

Hey i have a animal i purchased from dynocams it has a 12000rpm rev limiter the thing is im not sure what flywheel i have i was wondering if its safe to put in my 315 cam or would it effect my engine if i install this 315 cam...on the cam its recommended that i use billet flywheel..

If it has the blue coil . It's almost got to have the right flywheel .
Was it new in the box ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220119-233653_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220119-233653_Chrome.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 27
Hey i have a animal i purchased from dynocams it has a 12000rpm rev limiter the thing is im not sure what flywheel i have i was wondering if its safe to put in my 315 cam or would it effect my engine if i install this 315 cam...on the cam its recommended that i use billet flywheel..
You bought a complete engine from Dyno Cams?
Then it would have the right flywheel on it.

It will work just fine with your cam.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

If you want to use the Briggs wheel with the flathead crank the plastic cooling fins will rub on the blower housing. That means you either have to modify the blower housing or you have to shim the blower housing out away from the block.
Some people use 2 or 3 flat washers others will grind the hole where the recoil would bolt on.
I have put the blower housing on the milling machine and opened up the hole.
Here's another excellent way:
https://faster-motors-wi.myshopify....-wf-block-support?_pos=1&_sid=c74b68788&_ss=r
Sweet this answers my question of why my plastic fan has rub marks on it.i just thought maybe someone got carried away with crankshaft end play

Back