Animal intake for a 390 carb

Does anyone make such a thing? I know it sounds like a stupid question, but here's the deal. Local track running "Stock Appearing", the class started out as Clones, Predators, and Flatheads must look stock from 5 feet. Now was told by the tech guy that the rules changed to any small block with a 390 style carb after a bunch of Animals showed up and started running. Honestly I have not looked at the Animals that closely, but pretty sure they are not running PZ style carbs. Anybody have an answer to the question posed in the thread title?

Jimbo makes one for a tilly .
You have any idea what carb they're running ?
Maybe a tilly .
Would be simple to make one fit the 390 carb even if you start with a stock one .
Might be so you can run a 390 carb on your predator .
Or to apease the animal crowd .
Either way its a modified class .
Bigger and better .

flatop1, forgot to add, No Tillotsons allowed in this class. Only "Stock Appearing" bowl type carb. Tech man's exact words to me were "with a 390 carb" I kinda doubt he knows the difference between a 390 and a 200 carb, but he can spot a darn Tilly from 14 miles off LOL.

Gotta adjust my bifocals the next time we run to see what the Animals are running for carbs.

Out here our stock appearings cannot have external billet parts which makes the car adaptor illegal more than the carb.

The animals "may" be running the WF carb (PZ26mm.) We do a few carbs for guys running small block s/a animal and that carb.
Both the WF & 390 carbs can be bored for more performance...it's not a job for the weak of talent or patience though. :)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back