animal on a clone mount

dopeyferree

This is going to be just for a little practice session, but could I run an animal on a flathead clone motor mount. this one particular kart requires a different size motor mount and I only have a flathead/ clone mount. I basically am just wanting to put some time on an animal I have. Only going to run about a tank of fuel through it. Will it hurt the motor to run it on an increased angle motor mount?

All these engines have the same mounting bolt pattern so it will work fine on a 5 to 15 degree mount.
A 15 degree mount will give you more tire clearance for the air filter and is all the time.
Use 14 to 16 ounces of oil.

All these engines have the same mounting bolt pattern so it will work fine on a 5 to 15 degree mount.
A 15 degree mount will give you more tire clearance for the air filter and is all the time.
Use 14 to 16 ounces of oil.

X2 I agree with Jimbo shouldn't be a problem, run it and have some fun ! :)

Thanks, just wasnt sure if there was a reason other than air filter clearance for the animals running a lower degree angle mount.

Some people run a lower degree mount because they worry about a 15 affecting the float in the carb , I prefer the lower one to keep chain guard low for driver comfort though .

I have never ran one but I had always heard like 60 said the 15* messes with the float and causes issues.

i have two karts that i run animals on and use a 15* and a 8* and have no problems with either engine

Back