Animal PVL

ok..... do we have a section in here for eating some crow? wasn't the mag's fault... it was totally all on me. i made my own throttle set up, and to get the starter housing off i have to loosen the throttle plate. yup you guessed it, i pinched the kill wire. so i went back thru the carb for nothing, as i was told it's the carb and had a replacement mag sent out for nothing. i just jumped to conclusions and figured it was the mag. Do i feel stupid? ohhh you bet I do. Thanks to all who took your time to answer my thread. PS. I bought the mag sent to me, so now i have a spare....

Anyone can make a mistake. It takes a good man to admit it.
I know, i've made more than my share of mistakes.

The hard part was making the call to the outfit who sent me the replacement mag. After telling them who I am and the part they sent me, to tell them the part I'm sending back is the one they sent me. The problem wasn't the mag but my stupidity. He said, not many would make this call, they'd fix what they screwed up and and swap the part out like it was bad. I said, if there was a way, I'd buy this mag, the place that sent it was a kart supply and doesn't have a retail window. I guess in my honesty he found a way to sell me the mag. Thanks Dad for raising me the right way with values & morals. The funny part was he asked me what the problem was as his son moved up a class and is now running the PVL mag and any info is good to have. I sheepishly said, i pinched the kill wire. Over the winter I'm going to make a new throttle set up so i won't have to loosen the throttle plate. So what I'm going to say next is, don't jump to conclusions like I did, do some digging first. finishing up this cup of crow tea ..... :)

Back