Animal Rebuild

Callmec

I'm brand new to this and got my 2 kids racing with animal motors. We have 4 engines that sat for 10+ years and we raced them in about 5 races each. One smokes like a chimney. I'm looking at getting freshened(if that's the right term). Were up in Northern Wisconsin, anyone know of a good place to get these done? Also we were off the pace last year. I didn't adjust the clutches and they were ran by adults over 250 pounds, my kids weigh 80 and 110. Could clutches be a big cause of not being up to pace? Thanks for any help I can get.

I'm brand new to this and got my 2 kids racing with animal motors. We have 4 engines that sat for 10+ years and we raced them in about 5 races each. One smokes like a chimney. I'm looking at getting freshened(if that's the right term). Were up in Northern Wisconsin, anyone know of a good place to get these done? Also we were off the pace last year. I didn't adjust the clutches and they were ran by adults over 250 pounds, my kids weigh 80 and 110. Could clutches be a big cause of not being up to pace? Thanks for any help I can get.

Or box them up and send them to a builder.
We'd be glad to help you with anything and have all parts in stock for the animal engines.

As far as the clutch -- generally, clutches are set up for peak torque for your engine, not the weight of the driver. Now, if you have plated the engines down for junior classes (ie purple plate, blue plate, etc.) the clutches being build originally for unrestricted adult classes will be set at too high of rpm for the plated engines.

FWIW, we rebuild clutches too. :)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com