Animal unrestricted champ rpm's?

DPR2

Back years ago i was running my animals 75 to 7600 on 1/5 mile pavement ovals no issues but now seems like my builder is telling me 7100 to 7200 well some guys are still running at 7600 or so. I never seemed to lose ppl at the end of the straight running 7600 as now i don't but of course i just don't seem to have the grunt up off the corner like i did years ago. Just wondering what some ppl's opinion is on this...

That's what i was thinking also did just get a motor back from P&P so i think that should be an upgrade for sure

Experiment with RPM’s, let the stop watch and race results determine correct rpm. Not all tracks are the same rpm. Also when your at a track where the corner RPM’s are low you will want to run more RPM’s and when corner RPM’s are high you will run lower peak RPM’s……
Also if you want to get a little more technical you can play with jetting / c clip position. Tight tracks low corner RPM’s like more fuel to get you off corner faster. But a word of caution with jetting, air quality is biggest factor with re jetting.
Light air likes leaner and heavy air likes richer.
Owe yea one more thing, don’t listen to your competition!

Last edited:
First, know where peak torque and HP are for YOUR engine is. Not all engines are built the same. (Cam, fuel tuning, etc.)
You'd be surprised, all these guys claiming that high rpm is the way to go. On big momentum tracks, we lug our animals down closer to peak CHP and they produce better lap times. Dynos are only as good as their operator/salesmen.
On the track, a stop watch (Mychron) never lies...If it's faster on the clock, then it's faster on the track.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Racing orange Briggs & stratton animal

Can I use my P-Open Grind, Tool Steel Billet, Animal Cam along with my 38lb dual valve springs and high performance push rods and retainers on my stock animal piston and connecting rod with my 12000rpm Rev limiter flywheel that came with my engine can all this work with my rocker arms ??.....and thank you for your time and consideration..​

This is what im working with

Attachments

• 16305591587371742935786605177726.jpg
    16305591587371742935786605177726.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 15
Depending on your deck height and how much the head was milled, you may need valve pockets machined into the piston. You would have to lay it up with some modeling clay to know this for sure. If it's the larger diameter rocker studs, you should be fine with stock rockers. If you're spending the money to put something with nice parts together though, why not install some nice roller rockers at the same time With that much lift, it would be taxing to say the least on the nose of the rocker.
Next you said, "stock animal piston and connecting rod"...Which stock connecting rod? If it's a World Formula rod, maybe. Stock cast or even the L206 better rod will definitely not hold up to the kind of rpm that you'll want to turn with a P-Open cam.
Are you sticking with the stock PZ22 carb? If so, you don't even want to use that big of a cam. You really need a bigger carb (28mm) and big valves.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that "P-Open cam" and "stock parts" aren't a wise combination.

Depending on your deck height and how much the head was milled, you may need valve pockets machined into the piston. You would have to lay it up with some modeling clay to know this for sure. If it's the larger diameter rocker studs, you should be fine with stock rockers. If you're spending the money to put something with nice parts together though, why not install some nice roller rockers at the same time With that much lift, it would be taxing to say the least on the nose of the rocker.
Next you said, "stock animal piston and connecting rod"...Which stock connecting rod? If it's a World Formula rod, maybe. Stock cast or even the L206 better rod will definitely not hold up to the kind of rpm that you'll want to turn with a P-Open cam.
Are you sticking with the stock PZ22 carb? If so, you don't even want to use that big of a cam. You really need a bigger carb (28mm) and big valves.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that "P-Open cam" and "stock parts" aren't a wise combination.
Thanks..and I have a 28mm flatslide makuni racing carb

Back