Animal Vs KT100

That's a good ? Most people on Bob's are always trying to compare a stock kt to some crazy4 stroke that's been hogged out. Too close to call for me later Chuck

We used to run KT"s in the northwest and once in a while they would mix us with the Animals and they were pretty even. We did not use can mufflers nor were the animals stock.

A stock pipe KT-100 is around 18hp, so figure a 4 hole can somewhere around 14? A stock Animal is listed at 15.4-16hp. The animal is more "torquey" but has a far narrower powerband, so with the KT's overrev capability, the winner would really depend on the track configuration. I would expect a big oval to favor the KT-100, and a paper clip the Animal. On sprint, it would again depend on how tight the turns were and how long the straights... Why the World Formula (essentially a tuned Animal with an on-board starter) wasn't more popular, I don't know. It was all of the ease of a LO206. Before its' time, I suppose. KT's are on the way out -- KA100's and VLR100's taking over.

Several years back I think Connor Tebbe ran some test runs with his animal against (I think ) was a four whole can. Lap times were very similar but the acceleration was way different

Back