Another Blue question

TEAM580

I never realized there were 2 style Blue clones.
I have one that takes the newer style top plate but the blower housing shows an earlier date of mfg.
I have 3 total, 2 alike 1 different.
Were there any other differences?

Thanks. Tom

The original harbor freight blues were like the Yellows. But Lifan changed the engine to compile with the law suite with Honda. Thus using the side bolts on the block to mount the tank. And the side cover is more rounded and bottom bolts are closer together. We stock all the parts for them.
Lewis Stout
Stout Racing Engines / Rix Tech Tools
423-584-6663

. And the side cover is more rounded and bottom bolts are closer together.................
True I run one of these blue motors right now.....I try to switch covers with a yellow clone couldn't work.....

They also have a 5-bolt valve cover on the "newer" of the HF Blue motors.

not all of the newer ones had the 5 bolt valve covers, actually I have seen fewer with the 5 bolt cover than I have with the normal 4 bolt cover. The heads with the 5 bolt valve cover seem to be pretty rare these days, but were mostly great flowing heads from what iv seen, actually every one I have had has been a nice casting. I have one here now, JT-LO1 casting that has nice big ports compared to the newer heads, and has smoother edges in the ports, less casting flash to be found anywhere on it. I am about to use this head on a box stock engine actually.

Back