ANOTHER NEWBIE ?

rocketman

If your engine sets at a 8degree angle which oil fill plug do you use ? High or low or just measure 14oz. Thanks and sorry for the stupid questions.

If your engine sets at a 8degree angle which oil fill plug do you use ? High or low or just measure 14oz. Thanks and sorry for the stupid questions.
I got a kitchen measuring container, and marked 14oz on it, fill that, use that to fill the oil (can also use to drain, but i use a Tupperware to drain into to keep my measuring container clean $1 fix :)

Yes I think I did something like that I got a jelly jar and took a kitchen measuring cup and put 14 oz of water and marked it. poured the water out cleaned and dried it and then use that marked jelly jar for my 14 oz. And since there's 4 oz left over after every Court I keep continuously filling the jelly jar until I get another oil change out of three quarts...

Yes I think I did something like that I got a jelly jar and took a kitchen measuring cup and put 14 oz of water and marked it. poured the water out cleaned and dried it and then use that marked jelly jar for my 14 oz. And since there's 4 oz left over after every Court I keep continuously filling the jelly jar until I get another oil change out of three quarts...
Liquid dish soap containers work well too. You can either squirt the oil in, or remove the cap and pour it in already pre-measured. It also keeps dust from getting into it like when using an open container (measuring cup and funnel.)

Liquid dish soap containers work well too. You can either squirt the oil in, or remove the cap and pour it in already pre-measured. It also keeps dust from getting into it like when using an open container (measuring cup and funnel.)
This was something I had never considered. That just might be the ticket.

I kept the lid for the jelly jar for dust reasons, but I like your idea better...

Back