Another one of my silly questions.

There's a list of dimensions in the UAS rule book. You'd have to compare those with the QRC kart. I'm not familiar with what they've done to those to make them work for QRC. Most any kart chassis would be legal. no suspension is the main criteria.

KY racer, the cage on a QRC seems to almost float when they enter or exit a corner. Wonder if you had the wedge floating like that, the kart would handle better? That might be pretty interesting. If you do it, take some pics and let us know how it handles, good luck! Steve Sr.

Uas does not allow left front brake. If your QRC is a open outlaw with 500cc it most likely has the left front disc brake so that you can drive it harder into the corner and just tab the front brakes by a bias bar setup hook up to the spare master cylinder more pressure to the front brake and less to the rear., same as a shifter kart.

I guess I stand corrected. On 2014 unlimited all stars by Mark Berfelt rules on page 8 on the brakes does not mention anything on front brake. I seen lots of Unlimted All Stars wedge karts and never seen a front left brake on them. I guess that changes the game now

I guess I stand corrected. On 2014 unlimited all stars by Mark Berfelt rules on page 8 on the brakes does not mention anything on front brake. I seen lots of Unlimted All Stars wedge karts and never seen a front left brake on them. I guess that changes the game now
been many guys run um...Me, Adam and his bro ran them..seen em on a few others..IMO they are only going to bandaid other issues

George, That's cause you must have never came up to Pennsylvania or went to the Nationals cause I always had a left front only brake system. Think it is a little Hagger with twin master cylinders and I can't remember where I buy my bias assembly. I have used this for the last 15 years, always liked how it pulled me into the turns.

George, That's cause you must have never came up to Pennsylvania or went to the Nationals cause I always had a left front only brake system. Think it is a little Hagger with twin master cylinders and I can't remember where I buy my bias assembly. I have used this for the last 15 years, always liked how it pulled me into the turns.

Not to mention you won the Fall Nationals in NY. A Old man whooped all the kids that day.

By the way Swindle , it is a Hegar I used them in my enduro karts it is a tiny disc brake inside the wheel hub. And a Enginetics brake bias bar is what I used. Russel karting sold them.

george, that's cause you must have never came up to pennsylvania or went to the nationals cause i always had a left front only brake system. Think it is a little hagger with twin master cylinders and i can't remember where i buy my bias assembly. I have used this for the last 15 years, always liked how it pulled me into the turns.

nobody has ever seen george????????????????????????????

Yo, a Won Eye sighting, That there is a Christmas Miracle, Merry Christmas Joe, miss ya buddy. Kent, I used to see George on here years ago, glad he's back. And He has a better memory than me, that is the exact way I have my brakes set up. Maybe next year me and him might be fishin down in the Keys if the Wife will allow me to drag my boat down again. Best fishin in the world! As far as that National, it was pure luck but I'll take it.

Had left brake on my slack a year or two ago, worked great, just need a proportioning valve not two master cylinders or anything like that. You need to get out more there's a bunch of them out there, I just sold 3 of them that I had.

The brakes was one of the reasons I was wondering about the QRC chassis. It seems as if the kart would already be better prepared to handle the horsepower of the UAS vs. a traditional kart. I figure that without the cage it would be an easy conversion. Just my thoughts. I appreciate all of the posts.

I think there was something in the WKA rules that said the front had to be an independent system or at least that is what some tech guy told me, I guess, anyway that was why I had 2 master cylinders bolted side by side. Had a failure one time and was able to finish the race just on that front brake. So it ended up being a good idea.

Swindle , you are correct that is why both cylinders where bolted together also safety wire and now it is require to have a safety wire also attached to the brake pedal to the bias bar just in case the brake rod breaks or nut comes loose. And of course all bolts are safety wire or clip per WKA ,IKF

Back