Another tire storage ?

LynnRacing

last year I stored my tires in my basement and wrapped each tire individually in a plastic bag and it worked out well, this year I installed heat to my garage and would prefer to store them in the garage vs my basement …… I don't want to keep the garage that warm all winter so my question is..... at what temperature would be suitable to store them at (minimum)

TIA
Jeff

Your gonna get all kind of responses Jeff IMO there all based on preference not right or wrong way, for what it's worth I have over 50 sets of tires Burris and Maxxis and have NEVER stored them inside anywhere, always just leave them in the kart trailer don't wrap them either, I wipe them all here after trailways then wipe them 1 or 2 times over the winter. I also purge left sides and store with 10 to 12 lb in rights to hold stagger.

I keep our shop at 50* when we're not in there working.
Works fine for us.
What you want to avoid is big changes in temperature, and even moreso, rapid changes in temps.
Spending a few extra dollars for a programmable thermostat helps and use that to save on your heating bill as well.
Keep your tires well away from the overhead door if you plan to open it during the winter months.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz

www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on FaceBook
29 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Avoid sunlight (UV), extreme hot or cold and keep them away from an electrical panel. Those are going to be your 3 biggest things that cause problems.

Your gonna get all kind of responses Jeff IMO there all based on preference not right or wrong way, for what it's worth I have over 50 sets of tires Burris and Maxxis and have NEVER stored them inside anywhere, always just leave them in the kart trailer don't wrap them either, I wipe them all here after trailways then wipe them 1 or 2 times over the winter. I also purge left sides and store with 10 to 12 lb in rights to hold stagger.

Basically this.
We also stack them on there side, deflated.

Back