Any advice

that would be mine as well... start at the tail, try your best to follow the line the others do and at their pace and don’t be afraid to stay out there and race with them, just don’t make yourself a hindrance.

Hold your line - the fast guys will know how to get around you.
Make some friends that pit next to you -- offer a couple of burgers or brats and a cold beverage or two.
Ask plenty of questions at appropriate times.
Leave the track holding your head high, knowing that you are learning, and the learning curve can be long and steep in our sport.
With the help from some friends, (and this forum) it can be shorter and more fruitful.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Start at the back like the others say. Don't be afraid but don't be reckless either. Don't focus on the nose of your kart! you want to be looking half a dozen kart lengths in front of you so you have time to react if there is an issue. Try to relax. It took me quite a while to relax my death grip of the steering wheel my first year. Good luck and have fun.
Let us know how it goes.

I agree with everyone. Very good advice. If you’re going to Senoia this Sunday you can pit next to me and I’ll help you out as much as I can. I have two sons that will be running as well. What class will you be in?

Start at the back like the others say. Don't be afraid but don't be reckless either. Don't focus on the nose of your kart! you want to be looking half a dozen kart lengths in front of you so you have time to react if there is an issue. Try to relax. It took me quite a while to relax my death grip of the steering wheel my first year. Good luck and have fun.
Let us know how it goes.
It was fun but I struggled all day my motor sputtered and wouldn't turn more then 5,000 rpm.
I'll definitely will be back tho

Back