Any artists in here?

Cope1

I really like doing portraits. I have one that is going to Australia. Just finished this up tonight.

Attachments

• B2CD8D53-A0DF-4CBD-9D61-AE3DDC863EA2.jpeg
    B2CD8D53-A0DF-4CBD-9D61-AE3DDC863EA2.jpeg
    74.3 KB · Views: 38
I’ve always admired anyone that can draw portraits, I can draw anything you put in front of me, but always struggled with faces. In the 80’s I airbrushed thousands of t-shirts with everything from beach scenes to cars like Roth used to do them. Race team shirts, sports teams, etc. I also do calligraphy, since about 7th grade (mid 70’s). Hand lettering is a dying breed so not much of that anymore since the decal machines took all the artistic ability away. I miss it, still do some, but not enough. Used to hand letter around 10-15 races cars a year for $150ea. Didn’t do it for the money, just loved doing it. I’ll try to post a calligraphy page with some of the names on here, I’m bored and looking for something to do. Lol

^^^^^
This is just some of the artwork of my niece.
She has her doctorate in art, & teaches at both the local high school, & college.

GET READY, as she will soon begin offering custom painted helmets through my FB page, Ultimate Dirt Track Products...an authorized Bell, Zamp, & B2 helmet dealer.

706-239-1163

I painted some helmets back in the day for some motocross guys that ran at Delmont and High Point. Nothing major, a candy flame (yellow green blue) for a guy that ran a Kawasaki 500. And some others just stripes, lace, and basic shapes. That was some of the toughest things I’ve done. I know why painted helmets cost so much, but if that’s what you want, it’s worth every penny. Hand lettering and t-shirts was always my thing. Should get it out this year and start doing shirts again. I miss doing it.

I painted some helmets back in the day for some motocross guys that ran at Delmont and High Point. Nothing major, a candy flame (yellow green blue) for a guy that ran a Kawasaki 500. And some others just stripes, lace, and basic shapes. That was some of the toughest things I’ve done. I know why painted helmets cost so much, but if that’s what you want, it’s worth every penny. Hand lettering and t-shirts was always my thing. Should get it out this year and start doing shirts again. I miss doing it.
Shirts are tough or I’m getting the wrong stuff for it. Doesn’t stick well

I’ve been looking into paints for t-shirts lately since it’s been a while since I’ve been in the loop, so to speak. I can’t remember what I used for shirts, but I know it was water based. The paint that I’ve seen the most lately is made by Createx. It’s a water based paint for fabrics that if heat set, will last a very long time. To heat set, let shirt dry completely, turn inside out, put waxed paper in between and iron with NO steam. Drain all water from iron first. I haven’t had any problems with that method before. If you can draw like what’s on this thread, you can airbrush. What kind of airbrush do you have? Double action is best, lots of good brands out there. I have a Paasche VL XL80. Bought it when it was the state of the art in 1983. Lol

I’ve been looking into paints for t-shirts lately since it’s been a while since I’ve been in the loop, so to speak. I can’t remember what I used for shirts, but I know it was water based. The paint that I’ve seen the most lately is made by Createx. It’s a water based paint for fabrics that if heat set, will last a very long time. To heat set, let shirt dry completely, turn inside out, put waxed paper in between and iron with NO steam. Drain all water from iron first. I haven’t had any problems with that method before. If you can draw like what’s on this thread, you can airbrush. What kind of airbrush do you have? Double action is best, lots of good brands out there. I have a Paasche VL XL80. Bought it when it was the state of the art in 1983. Lol
Was using that iron on vinyl stuff

Back