Any difference between the Faster Motors missing link / Carlson Racing Animal Throttle kits?

The kit Carlson sells is universal , most anyone will have a spare in the event somthing happens .
The one Fastermotors has is more of a custom design , it comes with a spare connector.
I use the first design type no issues .

Anyone have experience with both? Thoughts......

Thanks

I can't speak for Jimbo's, but I'm sure it is well thought out.

Ours is simple and effective. It works very well and comes included with our LO206 packages:

11.jpeg

-----
?Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Why are either of these even necessary? Just run the throttle cable directly to the carb. One less thing to break.

Why are either of these even necessary? Just run the throttle cable directly to the carb. One less thing to break.

It's not necessary, Gary.
If all you ever run is one kart and one engine, then it won't be of much value.
If you are running different karts and engine packages, (clone, flathead, animal, predator, etc) which is common in oval racing, then it sure saves a bunch of time when changing things around.

Exactly. It was invented for the people that had flatheads and switched over to animals. For some reason people think it's a necessity and don't even know that you don't need one.

I use the bracket from a throttle kit but just to run my cable through it. I add another return spring in the to the cable and this also allows me to operate the throttle for starting without having to reach for the gas pedal. It also eliminates the big, tall loop of the housing/cable to the carb. That's my two cents. Other than that it is of little use. If I could post a pic I would !! Anything on my kart is usually there to make my life easier.

Last edited:
I use the bracket from a throttle kit but just to run my cable through it. I add another return spring in the to the cable and this also allows me to operate the throttle for starting without having to reach for the gas pedal. It also eliminates the big, tall loop of the housing/cable to the carb. That's my two cents. Other than that it is of little use. If I could post a pic I would !! Anything on my kart is usually there to make my life easier.
DITTO. REALLY A NO BRAINER FOR A ONE MAN RACE CREW.

It depends on what kind of kart you have and how you want to adjust the idle.
If you have a kart with the 1/4" rod that goes from the pedal along the frame then you need a cable with a lead ball on each end.
It's impossible to have a cable with a lead ball on each end that goes through an outer housing and is the correct length to connect to the metal rod on the side of the of the chassis and in the carb slide.
Not too many years ago this style kart was the only style of kart you found in 4 cycle racing. Coyote and Bandit to name a few.
It is still dominant in the dirt oval world.
If you are not familiar with this style see the picture of the kart below. Notice the 1/4" rod from the pedal back to the throttle cable connection point.
KIMG1254_1_-450x600.jpgHere is a picture of one of my throttle linkage kits.
It has slack adjusters so you can eliminate the slack in the cable and adjust the idle

with the nut under the rubber boot on the top of the carb. No need for a screw driver!

You can also back the idle speed screw out far enough so it's not sticking out in the air stream. More air flow = more HP! If you have one of the wimpy throttle linkages that's not so easy to do since they bend everytime you put the pedal to the medal.
They never return to the same place. My linkage is made of heavier material so it doesn't bend!!
If you want to carry a screwdriver in your pocket, well you can imagine what could happen there.

1566484150636.png

Now that the 2 cycle chassis mfg's have joined the 4 cycle world (or go out of business) the metal rod on the side of the chassis is not nearly as common. However, many of those people use my linkage kit and just love it.
Can you race without any throttle linkage?
Of course, but this is something that can make your life a little bit easier and just a tick faster.
;)

It's 2 cables, Mike.
Personally, I like the angle that ours comes in and out of the connection so that it creates less bind for the cable.
It's also plenty strong, made of heavy gauge steel, same as Jimbo's. Both are quality products.

Mike
Yes the 2 cable are spliced together in between the two uprights of the throttle linkage bracket. The unique cable splice is plastic on the outside but high quality steel on the inside.
The picture you see is of an older version of the Missing link. The uprights are longer than the ones in the picture but more importantly they are made of heavier materiel than any other throttle linkage on the market. The slack adjuster bolts let you take the slack out of the cable so you can adjust the idle speed from the drivers seat by turning the brass nut under the rubber boot on the top of the carb. No screw driver needed. It really works great. People that have them really like them. I get calls all the time from people that have them with compliments.
If you would like to call me i'll be happy to explain how it works and it's features in greater detail.
Tel 920-207-9180

Back