Any one built ther own electric Kart Lift?

I have a friend who built a jig and made his own when his boy was in karting. I havent had any inquiries lately here at Twisted Karting but would be willing to ask him if he would still build some if the demand was there. I doubt he would hand over his blueprints. Last I remember they were around $550 plus shipping range but i dont remember if that included the battery. If interested please PM me and I can get pictures as well.

Kyle Flores
Twisted Karting
Twistedkarting@gmail.com
Phone: 815-871-3640
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/#!/TwistedKarting

i think you could talk me into selling you my first born , before my power kart lifts ................LOL..............sorry had to be said ;)

Anybody got plans for it yet.I'm in a wheelchair and my daughters in racing and I could reallly really use the plans

If we could get a group together and order 4 or more as a package deal I can make it worth wild
And Powdercoat to a color that you would like

i was searching the forums for something totally not related to this, but i figured i would chime in. my dad and I have built prob 8-9 electric kart stands. uses a harborfreight 2500lb atv winch and some square tubing. cool thing about the stands are arm you push it around with folds down flat and you pick the kart up with the winch hoist mounted to the back of the trailer, set it down on the stand, then drop the double decker frame on it, the use the hoist to stack the second kart on top. that way we can fit both karts in the back of the toy hauler, and just put the other kart stand in the back the truck..

click the images for fullsize pics

I would also like to know this, as im looking to make my own also. I definately need one, getting tired of having to find someone to come with me to the races just to get a kart on and off the stand or ask another racer to help me. Id rather do things on my own

^^^^^^^+1

Do you all really think that the outright copying someone else's design is proper and ethical? Those that produce a quality product probably put considerable effort into it including numerous prototypes. Why not call the designer of one you like and offer to buy the plans. Offer him an additional royalty if you intend to produce more then one.

Do you all really think that the outright copying someone else's design is proper and ethical? Those that produce a quality product probably put considerable effort into it including numerous prototypes. Why not call the designer of one you like and offer to buy the plans. Offer him an additional royalty if you intend to produce more then one.

Can't believe I just read this on a site where the majority of posts are dedicated to CLONES, direct unauthorized copies of Honda motors. That is hilarious.

To the specific point, is it ethical? No. Is it the way of the world from the beginning of time? Yes. It's why patents were invented.

Guys, I fully understand not wanting to share plans and stuff. My issue is, for some of us, shipping to our locations is absolutely stupid. If someone on the other side of the country wanted my plans and had a welder and material to build their own, I'd let them have the plans.

take a look at my stand..i deff didnt copy any thing...saw a stand in person at the track..3 months later i decided i would give it a shot at making one..without taking any measurements of the real stand. and i improved it bv making a double stacker. yes the design looks similiar dimensions are off but nothing was copied..kartraiser and kartlift they are essentially the same but have a little diff..are you gunna call them up and say they they are copying...as far as im concerned these are 2 totally different products. find me a commercially available elec kart stand that has built in tool storage and able to double stack..

Can't believe I just read this on a site where the majority of posts are dedicated to CLONES, direct unauthorized copies of Honda motors. That is hilarious.

To the specific point, is it ethical? No. Is it the way of the world from the beginning of time? Yes. It's why patents were invented.

Have you looked on Youtube, there 50 ways to bake a cake. It's like where did the first dog come from<< with one dog and went from there. I have a very bad back and very heavy Kart. I built a lift although I have never seen a Electric lift in person . I have seen many many video's on line, that is how my lift came to be . There is only a couple of numbers that make any real difference in building a lift. The height and the angle of the set back on the lift.

I just built one. I have 180.00 in materials. The key to it is the point at which the nose of the kart hits the ground compaired to the rear arm is located. The rear arm has to be past the 90 degree toward the rear of the kart or you have to pull the kart to get it to fall over. I used 10 inch wheels the frame is 2ft by 3 ft. I did a 35 degree angle on the kick up but would change that to forty on the next one. My lifting arms are 36 tall and 30 tall but im going to shorten the rear arm 4 inches and tighten the chain to see if i can get the rear arm past that 90 degree point. Thats all i have for now.

Come on fella's, there has to be someone out there with a simple plan to build an affordable kart lift....This would benefit alot of racers! Very few can afford to pay $200-300+ for a lift like rebel fab sells

I just talked to Rebel Fab, they don't make an electric kart lift.

I would appreciate it if someone could post or PM me the height of the top of their front and rear arms from the ground, and the length of the arms from their pivot point and I can take it from there. I have autocad, TIG and MIG welders, drill press, lots of pipe and tube kicking around, and it's the off season until late January so I'm going to fab one up for my OWN use. I may go with aluminum as I have quite a bit kicking around and I wouldn't have to paint/coat it.

Copying someone elses design for personal use without intent to sell is not against any law that I ever heard of, so why not just copy one that works?

My race buddies all either have the plain stands they lift karts onto, or the really fancy one with the actuator on it. No one I know has the winch type otherwise I would just go measure one.
Jack is correct, there are many exemptions for personal use. With what I've got sitting around, I figure I'm $130 and a weekend of cutting/welding/drilling away from having a winch kart stand, and that's $620 saved that I can almost go buy a kid kart for my daughter for next year. Yet someone clear on the other side of the country gets butthurt cause we want to build our own.....

Back