Any videos of a 1/5th mile track?

Mac_49

The track here is being demolished and going from a 1/8th to 1/5th track. Just for kicks does anyone have any of their races at a 1/5th track? Just want to get a perspective of size.
Thanks

Slippery rock is advertised as 1/8 and I can tell you I drop 3 teeth for Goodhope. It might not be a legit 1/5 but it’s bigger than the Rock is.

Slippery rock is advertised as 1/8 and I can tell you I drop 3 teeth for Goodhope. It might not be a legit 1/5 but it’s bigger than the Rock is.
Ya for sure it's bigger, at selinsgrove on a Friday night your gearing will be a 16 /65 not just drop a few in the rear.

yeah I’m usually 12/65 on a good day at SR and depending on the track bite at Goodhope I’ll be on a 62,63 or I’ll jump up to a 13 driver.

Look up Dawgwood speedway,depending on class you run, clutch driver gear could be from a 16 tooth to 19 or higher. this is a 1/5 mile momentum track...

Bumping this....those that would like to share gearing help (since this is a new track completely)…..what's your suggestion on ratio running hoosier treads with stock predator rules. I understand that's a loaded question but a few ratios will at least give me somewhere to start.

Back