Any way to remove prep?

Not really. If you over gripped them you can drive some out, or time will help some evaporate. If you soften, that tire will harden back up with time, but won't be equal to a tire that was never softened.

If you rolled them internally, it's not going away. If you just used a wipe before going to the grid (ie PRW), then sure, it can be removed from the tire. In fact, most of the prep likely came out of the tire in that race.
Now, if you've got a bit more prep in the tire from the outside, whether to soften, add bite, etc, and it's had time to cure, it'll be a lot more difficult to pull the prep out of the rubber.
I'd suggest that you sand them to refinish them, wipe with alcohol, and let them sit in the sun (if we ever get any!) Time will "help" them, but some preps never come out of the rubber...once the rubber has been changed at the molecular level, it's not changing back to what it once was (ie once a goat tire, always a goat tire.)

If there's any way that we can help directly, we're in your area.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I have rolled tyres at 90 degrees in track tac tire wash and gotten lots of dirt and even prep out of tires. Always had success when I had a fast tyre that was ran on Midwest "Black Dirt" and bring back home to race here. Fill up pan, and let roll for 2-3 hrs. at 90 degrees. May help some.
Good Luck!!!!

KB

I have rolled tyres at 90 degrees in track tac tire wash and gotten lots of dirt and even prep out of tires. Always had success when I had a fast tyre that was ran on Midwest "Black Dirt" and bring back home to race here. Fill up pan, and let roll for 2-3 hrs. at 90 degrees. May help some.
Good Luck!!!

KB

That pulled the oil out of the tire, which some may have been prep, but it didnt reverse any of the changes the prep made to the tire.
Once you prep a tire, molecular changes are made to that tire. You cant reverse those changes. You can re alter by applying more prep.
When you use sunlight, etc., youre just pulling oils out of the tire, that will harden the tire but the changes from the prep are still with in that tire.
Hope this expands a little more to what KB said.

Back