Anybody got videos of the Nationals in Jasper Fla. to share?

Phiddy, This seems to be more of a problem for you than it was for the five top finishers. They all ran nose to tail for the entire race and their positions were changed every couple of laps. In tech, they all agreed and signed off that no one needed to be checked for size and all of them went home happy with their motors still intact and not in pieces. Now, if this presents such a big problem for you, I would suggest that you go to the 2020 GN, finish in the top 5 (if you are capable) and tell them that you want all the engines checked for size. Then run like hell, cause there will be 4 people that will want a piece of your butt.
Good morning Mr attitude. Looks like u have a problem with anybody using this country's freedom of speech. Why can't you cut anybody some slack. Hope u have a great day Mr Berlin your friend Wayne Howe 😂

Phiddy, This seems to be more of a problem for you than it was for the five top finishers. They all ran nose to tail for the entire race and their positions were changed every couple of laps. In tech, they all agreed and signed off that no one needed to be checked for size and all of them went home happy with their motors still intact and not in pieces. Now, if this presents such a big problem for you, I would suggest that you go to the 2020 GN, finish in the top 5 (if you are capable) and tell them that you want all the engines checked for size. Then run like hell, cause there will be 4 people that will want a piece of your butt.
So you are telling me they all had 600cc? ;)

I want to clarify a statement I made in post #6. I was not aware the karts that were suppose to be teched had the option of signing off and not having to go thru tech. JMO,, tech should be mandatory at a national event. Thanks to tecbigdog for the clarification and for being there in case anyone chose to tech and I apologize we still have no videos of this event.

good point!! its a national event, tech should be mandatory so no one is put in that position

So, not to beat a dead horse, cause it is what it is and its over. UAS even at the nationals truly is RWYB. We all know the size of the engine isn't what makes you fast, but when the stakes are high and money is on the line I believe there should be an expectation that you will have to prove you are what you say you are. If you aren't gonna check the CC/weight why scale? Just Race and boys have at it!

So, not to beat a dead horse, cause it is what it is and its over. UAS even at the nationals truly is RWYB. We all know the size of the engine isn't what makes you fast, but when the stakes are high and money is on the line I believe there should be an expectation that you will have to prove you are what you say you are. If you aren't gonna check the CC/weight why scale? Just Race and boys have at it!

I am truly amazed when it comes to the question 'was he/she legal'. These are the same people that you trust
to burn into the corner with at a speed that is capable of putting you in the hospital if there is any type of a
mistake (whether it be accidental or on purpose). These are the same people that are willing to give you a part
that you need so that you can race that day. They are willing to help get you running for a race that you could
lose to them. These are the same people that you totally trust to do all of these things, but when you ask them
if they are running a 'legal' engine, well... you think they are going to lie to you. C'mon, do you really believe
that? I've been racing for about 65 years (gokart, motorcycle, sprints, midgets and even a damn tractor pull),
been involved in about a dozen National wins (for a lot more money than gokart wins) and the strangest thing,
I have NEVER seen is an 'illegal' engine go thru Post Tech. The people that are winning are doing so because
they have worked on the equipment more than the losers. Now think about it..... Why would you spend all that
money and build an oversize engine, pay a higher than normal entry fee, travel a longer than normal distance to
the race and finally be stupid enough to finish in the top 5 knowing that you might have to be checked. I can't
seem to follow that logic? Believe it or not, the winners just have a well developed racing program (good running
engine, good handling kart, good tire program and a good driver) and that's what separates them from the 'Mid-Packers'.

Now, Mr Phiddy, you say that at your next years GN, you are going to pull the heads of the first three and check
them. Well, let me know how many are illegal and how happy they are when you send them home with a bucket
of parts that used to be a winning engine for no good reason other than to satisfy your own curiosity . I'm pretty
sure they will all be doing back flips when you do that.

And Mr. Howe, if you think what I just wrote is an attitude, you are correct.... It's mine. If you feel I'm not correct
in my opinion, since we frequent the same races, just stop by our pit and straighten me out...............

Sure I will see u at Daytona u narsistic
I am truly amazed when it comes to the question 'was he/she legal'. These are the same people that you trust
to burn into the corner with at a speed that is capable of putting you in the hospital if there is any type of a
mistake (whether it be accidental or on purpose). These are the same people that are willing to give you a part
that you need so that you can race that day. They are willing to help get you running for a race that you could
lose to them. These are the same people that you totally trust to do all of these things, but when you ask them
if they are running a 'legal' engine, well... you think they are going to lie to you. C'mon, do you really believe
that? I've been racing for about 65 years (gokart, motorcycle, sprints, midgets and even a damn tractor pull),
been involved in about a dozen National wins (for a lot more money than gokart wins) and the strangest thing,
I have NEVER seen is an 'illegal' engine go thru Post Tech. The people that are winning are doing so because
they have worked on the equipment more than the losers. Now think about it..... Why would you spend all that
money and build an oversize engine, pay a higher than normal entry fee, travel a longer than normal distance to
the race and finally be stupid enough to finish in the top 5 knowing that you might have to be checked. I can't
seem to follow that logic? Believe it or not, the winners just have a well developed racing program (good running
engine, good handling kart, good tire program and a good driver) and that's what separates them from the 'Mid-Packers'.

Now, Mr Phiddy, you say that at your next years GN, you are going to pull the heads of the first three and check
them. Well, let me know how many are illegal and how happy they are when you send them home with a bucket
of parts that used to be a winning engine for no good reason other than to satisfy your own curiosity . I'm pretty
sure they will all be doing back flips when you do that.

And Mr. Howe, if you think what I just wrote is an attitude, you are correct.... It's mine. If you feel I'm not correct
in my opinion, since we frequent the same races, just stop by our pit and straighten me out...............
Yes bob I will see you and your lovely wife at Daytona this year. Would not miss you my Narcissistic friend. Take care your friend Wayne Howe. 😎

"I have NEVER seen is an 'illegal' engine go thru Post Tech"
But they all went through post race tech, right? Ive never been to a national that they didn't have tech.
I have been to a few National events myself of all kinds. (IKF, AMA, APBA, NHRA)
Though I don't have the experience you do, this is not my first rodeo. I met you in Lasoski Mo. at one of the UAS nationals there, and really enjoyed our conversation. I wish you all the best, and we'll just agree to disagree about having tech at the biggest race of any form of sportsman racing, "The National" This conversation and another in private has made my mind up I never need to participate in a UAS national. But I will watch all that I can make, because this stuff truly is awesome! Engine tech or not.
-Kevin

Phiddy, This is a once a year race that draws karts from all across the USA and is not a race to be avoided because you don't agree with my philosophy. It's the one time each year that you can line up against the big dogs from each area and be guaranteed a good fast race and if you can, you should participate. The race is run by the Administrator of that area and on a track that wants the UAS karts (that's a bigger deal than you can imagine) and is prepared for a long time in advance of the event date by both the track and participants. Don't let our differences in how it should be run influence whether you are going to participate or not. You will have too much of a good time to miss it.

Mr Bob , At the 2018 Gn in Pa. the Seay team was teched after the win with no hissy fit so what's the big deal. In my opinion team Seay has been a class act for a really long time did they get teched because they embarrassed the field with a small engine ? did the animal that ran 2nd or 3rd get reached ? I guess sometimes it might matter what you're last name is no sour grapes here just fact.Chuck.

I was there and personally at any UAS race I show with my "small" stroker Sudam I can't care less about tech and a few more or less ccs. That I guarantee is not the deciding factor.

Chuck, If a 150cc engine would have stretched his lead to 3/4 lap at the 2019 GN, that engine would have also been checked, but the fact is that the first 5 front runners were within a kart length of each other the entire race. None of them seemed to have extra HP over the others. None of those top 5 also felt that there was no need to check the size of any of them, so why would you want to pull a head off when all of them agree it's not necessary. There is a little difference between pulling the head on a CR450 and your 4 bolt 2 strokes. As for the names, the only one that I knew in that group was the fourth place finisher (Dylan Reynolds) who I always harass at the races. By the way, that was the first time he had ever driven that kart, the first time he has kart raced a Jawa, and he had only driven a couple of kart races this year. Damn, I hate to say it, but Dylan, you drove a great race.......

Anyway, Chuck, names didn't mean much at this race.

We all know HP is only a fraction of the equation, and not the big one. Its about transparency really. CC/weight is the only real rules UAS uses, and they are good rules. So it just makes sense to me to check them at the National, especially if there is $3k to win. I wont even hesitate to pull the head off my 450 for prize money, as long as it is more than the $100 head gasket. And its not like you take your engine home in a box either. I could pull the head for tech, and race the next day if I wanted. Not an issue. I bet if the winner was from the west coast there would have been tech. Maybe? Lol

I bet if the winner was from the west coast there would have been tech.
I'll take that bet......

A couple of years ago, a young man named Stansberry won the GN and went back home with a complete unteched engine. Again there was no need for it.

You got me there, I got to take that back. If I remember correctly, there were circumstances with that race too?

You got me there, I got to take that back. If I remember correctly, there were circumstances with that race too?
'Circumstances' is a really nice way to phrase it. The way it was run resembled a Chinese Fire Drill. Unfortunately, no GN is perfect, but they are all a heck-of-a lot of fun and it's really exciting racing.

Mr Bob, I get it. Not looking for a argument I stood right next to you and watched the A main and all looked good to me but who am I,what I think doesn't matter. As far as nose to tail goes I don't think so. Look back at the transponder print out the second place kart was 6 seconds plus behind. Do I think any of the top karts were illegal no but like I said before who am I ,reguards Chuck.(Ps. straighten Wayne out please).

Mr Bob, I get it. Not looking for a argument I stood right next to you and watched the A main and all looked good to me but who am I,what I think doesn't matter. As far as nose to tail goes I don't think so. Look back at the transponder print out the second place kart was 6 seconds plus behind. Do I think any of the top karts were illegal no but like I said before who am I ,reguards Chuck.(Ps. straighten Wayne out please).
You are correct. The last 3-4 laps Mr. Faulk slipped away from the field. However, that was after the slight altercation with lapped traffic. Faulk was leading and Shay actually had to move a couple out of his way and I believe one of the five front runners actually spun it and had to recover. Up to that point they damn well were nose to tail. I think Faulk led most of the race.

JW had the best corner speed of any kart there. that was the difference. Anyone know why JW jr. took down the video of the race?

Back