Anybody make kid kart sized offset chassis for 4 to 8 year olds for dirt oval?

Nickp

We currently have a coyote kid kart asphalt road course chassis and I would like to pick up another kart to run dirt oval with. does anybody make a scaled down size offset chassis for the little guys? I feel like a regular full size kart would be way too big for my 5 year old. he weighs about 35 pounds and we would run a predator 79cc motor in the 4 to 8 year old class. Thanks for the help.

They are not legal (per WKA) in the kid kart classes - must use a straight up chassis.
There were some offset karts made though; Infiniti had built some.

We ran a Falcon kid kart built (legal) for dirt ovals.
With all that said, there's not many tracks teching chassis for this class - most are combining full size karts with the shorter wheelbase kid karts, etc and probably wouldn't have a problem with an offset kid kart being run. Someone might be willing to build you a new chassis that is offset.

-----
?Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Thank you for the reply's, I had no idea a mini offset would be illegal. I dont think it would matter at 2 of the tracks locally, but now I know to ask the promoters at the other local tracks just to be sure. @TheLurker! im in Michigan or i may have considered it lol. I will say that is a very nice pedal set up! Thanks for all the info Guys.

There used to be a guy back in the day in the K.C. area that built Sniper karts. He built a shorter wheelbase offset kid kart--back then it was legal in the Missouri area in rookies and Jr 1. As I said that was several years ago-- early 2000s maybe. Seems like his name was Roger Gorbin--

out 7 year old was to small to reach too, we had to move the seat forward and up for him, and then got a set of petal risers/extensions for him that move them closer to the driver about 8inches and up..

He will fit the full size kart. You’ll need a rookie seat, foot risers, pedal blocks/ mounts, buy a couple shorter throttle/ brake rods. You’re gonna want a tilt adapter for the steering wheel as well.

Good luck.

There used to be a guy back in the day in the K.C. area that built Sniper karts. He built a shorter wheelbase offset kid kart--back then it was legal in the Missouri area in rookies and Jr 1. As I said that was several years ago-- early 2000s maybe. Seems like his name was Roger Gorbin--
We built 3 offset kid karts that were raced on the east coast and all 3 were banned within 2 seasons.
They were scaled down versions of the Epic

Back