Anybody play golf?

jhucks03

We picked it up around Thanksgiving last year. Mostly just play the shorter par-3 courses.

I started with a set of used Eye-2’s and wife got me some used Bombtech’s for Fathers Day. Still can’t hit driver and am actually much better with the irons than the woods.

It is frustrating and enjoyable at the same time, if that makes sense?

It. Does . ive only done 4 sets of 18 . In 15 years :)
Nine would be better , less work .
Even with a cart

It is both of those. I love to play. The best part of golf is watching someone who can truly play it. I enjoy just standing behind a good ball striker and watching it launch. Max was pretty much a scratch player at 15 and gave it up.

I love to play too, used to play a lot. Then I got a go kart. I really should start playing again.

It is frustrating and enjoyable at the same time said:
Kinda like racing, in any form!!!

Watching us good to know what it should look like.
How to make it happen requires commitment, luck, or dedication to understanding how to make it work.

Hit a few holes in high school, on a course none of the flags were visible from the tee.
I had not the dedication needed to pursue playing the game, if that knowledge of the course was a requirement.

After all these years, still looks like racing.
Lol

I used to really enjoy golf, especially the little par 3 courses. I played a LOT while in high school and college -- even got "ok" at it. But then again, that's when woods were actually made of wood! A local farmer converted his property into a full course and all but adopted me since I was there every day after school. The last time I played was probably 15+ years ago as a "celebrity" with the WoO at a charity benefit for their drivers' benevolence fund. I still remember dumping my sponsor out of the cart when I pitched it sideways on a hill near the green. Embarrassing but hilarious moment both at the same time. :)
Enjoy the moment - just like racing, there will come a time when you're not able to do it anymore.

Interesting fun topic.

Use to play some golf when young but got into playing pool like 10+ hours a day 8 days a week for a couple of years.

Golf is like playing Pool: Quoting me, "Your never as good as you think you are.". ... :)

Last edited:
This is interesting to me.

Only place I went on the web this morning was here and use the word Golf in my reply.
I then went to face book and now I'm seeing Golf Adds and stuff about Golf.

Is that really interesting as I first thought, funny, scary or paranoid? ... :)

This is interesting to me.

Only place I went on the web this morning was here and use the word Golf in my reply.
I then went to face book and now I'm seeing Golf Adds and stuff about Golf.

Is that really interesting as I first thought, funny, scary or paranoid? ... :)
31285e6bc71fd1d1dad9b88d879fba68.jpeg

The game and I have a love hate relationship! Play in a league and on Sunday mornings. Since I started karting with my son last year the getting home from the track on Saturday night around 1:00 AM (Sunday morning) then getting back up in 5 hours to golf sort of sucks.

With pool you put the balls in the pocket,
With golf the balls are already in the pocket,

,,,. Found it !
Think I can make the green from here !

Played softball at a very competitive level for 35 years, tried golf 3 times I could drive the ball a mile problem being only one out of every 25 or so would be straight.
I signed up for Church league softball this year too. Now, mind you, I’ve never been much of a sports guy - just racing. Not sure why the interest recently. I can tell my quads are not gonna like softball

Back