Anybody try the black maxtorque clutch spring in predator box stock?

Nickp

Would it be worth upgrading my max tourqe clutch spring to the black (2900 RPM) spring in SR box stock predator? The class is true box stock with removal of governor as only modification allowed. Any drum clutch is allowed. I just have a standard, cheap max tourqe clutch. Track is a small banked dirt oval at 350 pounds. Geared at 13-63 if that makes any difference. Is there any other Mods or tricks I can do to this clutch? Thank you.

It is small, 10 second lap times. The gearing is fine, my question was about the clutch engagement spring. I only put the gearing info in there incase it made a difference on the clutch engagement.

Would it be worth upgrading my max tourqe clutch spring to the black (2900 RPM) spring in SR box stock predator? The class is true box stock with removal of governor as only modification allowed. Any drum clutch is allowed. I just have a standard, cheap max tourqe clutch. Track is a small banked dirt oval at 350 pounds. Geared at 13-63 if that makes any difference. Is there any other Mods or tricks I can do to this clutch? Thank you.
Depends on how much speed you need to gain, I assume your looking for speed is why your asking, if your real close up front could be your answer, if your mid pack or further I'd be looking elsewhere first, how much do you need to gain ?

Just wondered how much better it would perform on the starts, I cant really see gaining any speed from it. But, if it gives a slight advantage on restarts then it would definetly be worth the $15. I am not sure if thats too high of an engagement for a box stock motor and a waste of time, or maybe its perfect and a big improvement over the current 1800 spring? Figured lots of people have problably tried it already and would share their experience.

Not enough proven experience here to say 100 percent, but I'd say 1800 is low and 2900 is high I'd be somewhere in the middle.

Hemi or non hemi? The hemi will float the valves between 5250 and 5500 so if you engage the clutch at too high of an rpm you will run out of motor. The non hemi can turn almost 6k without issue.

Have you ever heard of my "bathroom scale between the front of the kart and a strong wall" procedure? With some experimenting, you will find exactly where to set your clutch! Achieving the highest reading on the scale will tell you at what RPM your clutch is working best.

Just wondered how much better it would perform on the starts, I cant really see gaining any speed from it. But, if it gives a slight advantage on restarts then it would definetly be worth the $15. I am not sure if thats too high of an engagement for a box stock motor and a waste of time, or maybe its perfect and a big improvement over the current 1800 spring? Figured lots of people have problably tried it already and would share their experience.

Yeah....You better watch the video on YouTube.BUT!!! Try holding or getting spring in place...HARD TO DO. takes two sets of hands.good luck.

Would love to hear comments, good or bad, on my "bathroom scale between the front of your kart and a strong wall" procedure.

Back