Anyone else play online poker?

paulkish

old fart
I'm addicted to it been playing for maybe 20 years online starting when aol first did 7 stud poker. When it started there were a lot of Russians playing via some kind of cable under the sea to the USA. From the USA maybe even an Embassy they would get online with AOL to play. You wouldn't believe the sales deals they would make when you talked with them. I had oppertunity to buy everything from titanium which they at that time had so much they'd use it to produce silverware, to old airplane engines brought in via Alaska. Back then it was a lot of fun and all playing were very cordial to each other. Today so many online are just ignert pigs.

I use to be late to work many mornings because I was involved in a turny all night and the game was not over. I lost a good bit of accumulated playing funds when our government cracked down on over seas sites even though you could either play for free as I did or play for cash. I won two turnys being the last player with 10,000 starting players and many with fewer. This year is the first time I gave any money out to any site joining WPT. By the way I just won a game and $10. I can't stay at games like I use to and too often just quit them because I get tired playing.

It's like racing it's a good feeling to beat 200, 300, 1000 or more other players in a turny. It's also like racing because normally "stupid" and "lazy" is your downfall. ... :)

Back