Anyone ever use the Alfano 6 tach/datalog?

1fasttiller

I just got one of these for my sons kart, just couldn't justify $500+ for the Mychron 5 and this seems to do everything it does for less money. Its made in Italy and seems of very high quality. Just not much info out there on them so I figured I'd reach out to the Bob's family for some feedback.
Alfano.jpg

What kind of a deal did you find? :S
I'm seeing those units selling for $475 whereas a Mychron 5 goes for a solid $500?

What kind of a deal did you find? :S
I'm seeing those units selling for $475 whereas a Mychron 5 goes for a solid $500?
The unit with 2 temps is $450-up. I bought he single temp unit for $350 shipped from Acceleration Karting. They were running a sale on them for Memorial day.

The unit with 2 temps is $450-up. I bought he single temp unit for $350 shipped from Acceleration Karting. They were running a sale on them for Memorial day.
Gotcha gotcha...that's a heck of a deal to pass up and at least test it out! I'd be curious to your findings on the unit! :)

Gotcha gotcha...that's a heck of a deal to pass up and at least test it out! I'd be curious to your findings on the unit! :)
I'll certainly share my thoughts and results after this weekend ( as long as we get to race, looks like mother nature is going to ruin all racing in Florida with rain again).

UPDATE for any of you still following.

Finally got to race this weekend! lol Florida rainy season sucks!

Anyway, this Alfano worked wonderful. Every bit as nice as a Mychron 5 at a much better cost. I'm impressed. A little tricky to get used to and find the info you need but its all there and it works! I'm sure it will get more intuitive after we use it a few times. Best part is, the bluetooth connection and app on my phone that lets me pull the weekends race data and analyze it on my phone or PC! Very cool!

UPDATE for any of you still following.

Finally got to race this weekend! lol Florida rainy season sucks!

Anyway, this Alfano worked wonderful. Every bit as nice as a Mychron 5 at a much better cost. I'm impressed. A little tricky to get used to and find the info you need but its all there and it works! I'm sure it will get more intuitive after we use it a few times. Best part is, the bluetooth connection and app on my phone that lets me pull the weekends race data and analyze it on my phone or PC! Very cool!
Any further updates on this unit? I'm about to pull the trigger on one here and another week or so and so far it's impressed me more so than the mychron... I don't have a computer or Wi-Fi so I would have to get one or both of those... I like the idea of configuring the screen the way I want it and being able to download it onto my phone or even borrow my wife's iPad...

We love ours. Sadly they have caught on and the price seems much closer to the Mychrons now.. I'm seeing more and more of them at the tracks here in FL now.

Best thing about mychron is their customer support. Alfano has been around for decades now and have a reputation of being garbage. Maybe that’s changed but I’m not holding my breath. Interesting how competing companies introduce new products at reduced prices to gain interest then the price goes up

Best thing about mychron is their customer support. Alfano has been around for decades now and have a reputation of being garbage. Maybe that’s changed but I’m not holding my breath. Interesting how competing companies introduce new products at reduced prices to gain interest then the price goes up
What have you had use mychron customer support for?..

Back