Anyone know any good cylinder enhancement lubes?

Someone told me of a legendary engine builder (who's name they wouldn't reveal) on some Facebook site, Kart Tech I think it was, that swore that putting Rain X in the carb and intake track really helped fuel atomization. Could this be the secret to his 7000 rpm plate engine?

Nikasil is cylinder coating you could use but illegal. Any oil additive used that enhances hp could be counter productive because of needing a looser PTW clearance and excessive ring gaps . But in some applications that might be desired, like little plate engines :) compression is not always the holy grail as some say:)

2.8% alkylated acetone by mass via Fischer-Tropf process in gasoline will conjugate peripheral hydrogen pairs on intermediate hydrocarbon radicals during the redox-phase transition. Unwanted monomerization at the gas-metal interface is reduced. Lower electron step-down efficiency is negatively impacted, but generally less than carbon ring orbit distortion, resulting in a beneficial net gain.

Rain x a mixture of Ethanol, Acetone, Isopropyl Alcohol mixed in water, what do you think this will do and how long do you think this is present in the carberator. I hope that was a joke and no-one is wasting time and money on this step.

The MSDS was the first place I looked and it only lists alcohols and an "additive." The additive is actually dimethylsilane.

It's a hydrophobic compound, meaning it repels water and polar compounds like water. Gasoline is not polar. Even if the Rain-X actually stuck to the port and carb (which is unlikely without hydroxyl groups in the materials), it wouldn't interact with the fuel like it does water.

electrodeposited lipophilic nickel matrix silicon carbide coating is a great cylinder enhancement lube.

AKA that slippery hard coating they put in dirt bike cylinders that never wear out.

The contents depend on which product you check, I went with the original, but there is glass treatment and anti fog. I would say it works great on windshields, and would like to hear the legendary builders claims.

I don't believe in much most additives are hype.

But now and then you do find a product that seems to do a little more than expected.

This burns cleaner and although I can't prove it I would speculate that on a Dyno Aspen 4T makes more power than 94 octane unleaded.
Engines are sure clean inside when you use it....
http://www.aspen.se/Canada

Here is something else I have had first hand experience with since the 80s.
Added to fuel oil or gasoline and entire fuel system and combustion chamber is clean as a whistle.
If you really clock the fuel consumption numbers it would appear to improve combustion.
http://fuelpp.com/PDF/brochure.pdf

I think better fuel and combustion will show on the dyno but its no magic bullet ( and won't pass fuel tech )

Is there a better lube out there?
I don't know, but I am open to listen to just about everything from coating to lazer cylinder etching

Teflon, Scotchgard, and Rain-X are some widely known examples of hydrophobic coatings. Teflon, or polytetrafluoroethylene is resistant to water, oil, and high heat. It is used in both household and industrial settings such as in nonstick cookware and factory machinery. For such applications, its low coefficient of friction is useful in creating non-stick, non-abrasive surfaces.
Rain-X is an organic polymer primarily composed of polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS). It is inert and acts only in a select few reactions under abnormal conditions. When PDMS undergoes polymerization, it forms a uniform, hydrophobic surface that resists infiltration by aqueous solutions.
Slick 50 (Which i believe is no longer produced) Is actually similar to Rain-X. When applied to two surfaces it becomes like rubbing two ice cubes together.

As I have stated in a previous post I use and my customers use one (1) teaspoon of engine mfrs. (Echo,Yamaha,Husky,etc)50:1 mix2 cycle oil per Qt. of fuel for top end & cyl lube. Years ago we used to use Castrol motor oil because it smelled cool; Hell I was 13, I don't believe you can get it anymore??If someone knows different Please let me know.......I'd like to Re-live those days as I'm sure some of us "experienced" folks would. Happy Holidays to All !!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Dave zombieheadservice

Nikasil is cylinder coating you could use but illegal. Any oil additive used that enhances hp could be counter productive because of needing a looser PTW clearance and excessive ring gaps . But in some applications that might be desired, like little plate engines :) compression is not always the holy grail as some say:)

It's only illegal if you get caught, right? How could you tell the cylinder was treated with Nikasil? It is definitely the coating of choice. Isn't that the same thing they coat the metric motorcycle and 4-wheeler engine cylinders with and they practically never wear out?? How do you get the rings to seat on that kind of a surface? You essentially open up a whole new can of worms when you enter into that arena of technology.

Just Thinking Out Loud (JTOL)

- Craig -

It's only illegal if you get caught, right?
Classy why don't we just mail some of our legally won trophies to you. Not all motorcycles are coated you would usually only find it on non sleeved aluminum cylinders production steel cylinders are usually not treated.

Then again there are many kart racing classes that it would be illegal to not have a Nikasil coated cylinder. It still gets honed with a cross hatch oil retaining finish with diamond stones and the compression ring seals with minutes of break in.

I can treat your engine and components. We do all engines and modified's with only .0004 ware in engine turning 9200 rpm. Call for pricing
Lewis
Stout Racing Engine
423-584-6663

Back