Anyone knows where to get 12' pvc rain gutter downspout?

Structural use
going to glue 2 together and make a 2x4

Maybe even try gluing 3 or even 4 together to see if they will be ridged enough for the span supporting the down slop end and sides.
Top will be attached under eaves so only 3 sides need to be figured out to be stiff and lite.

don't know if it will work till I try it and would like to use 12' lengths to try it instead of 10'ers

So 10' is the standard length. You won't get longer unless you get an actual gutter downspout maker with aluminum to custom make them. But, the PVC comes in a standard of 10' like most aluminum downspout.

As far as your idea, I'd go a different route. Anything over 10' even glued won't be structural.

Trim a 2/4 down to fit inside the pvc.
ta da .... I'll use a trimmed down 2x4 to joint the add on up top where there is support for it from the house
That will also make the length of plastic beam I have to use shorter

I'll buy 3 10' lengths tomorrow to experiment

Will not help with length, but cutting a schedule 80 pvc pipe will be stronger without much weight. My pvc downspout is so flimsy. It breaks when I walk by it.

After further research ... :)

pvc downspout is actually 2.5"x2.5" and 10' length
panels are 12' long
That means cut 8' 2x4 in half to insert trimmed 2x4 in each glued together tube up top under the eaves.
It will allow me to mount top end via hinges under the eaves for easy removal via knocking out hinge pins.
And I'll be able to drop the outward end of the frame hinged up top to the deck floor to easily install polycarbonate corrugated panels.
Panels installed just lift up the down end and put post under it at what ever height I think is ok.
Plan on it being 20' or more long

Only worry is hail destroying the panels ... :(

Yeah on the stuff I finally end up doin myself I sort of get carried away.
Like I just said ECHO turn the back lights on and I took a picture of the deck I built which need something more then just a motorized awning. ... :)
Yeah I got so much lectronic stuff on my house when I leave I whistle and my house follows me down the street.

Attachments

• DVR2_CH11_2_2_27_20240313215643.png
    DVR2_CH11_2_2_27_20240313215643.png
    467.8 KB · Views: 16
Big light is 120,000 lumens.
Heck figure if ya don't have the big one you'll never know if what ya got is good nuff ... :)

any other racers out there? lol

Back