Anyone Racing Burris Tires

I have been dying to try these. Thanks for sharing the video. I bought a set but don't have them mounted on wheels yet. I am still trying to decide what wheel widths are going to make the tires work the best as well as give me the proper stagger. Send me a pm with your phone number and we can talk more about it if you would like.
Thanks,
Wes

Last edited:
What kind of circumference have these tires been getting on 10" wheels? Burris web site talks about 37"?? Seems large? What has been typical RR on 10" and LR on 8.5-8.75" and lf on 6.5? Havent owned a Burris in years. Thanks, John Elliott

What is the benefit of the 11.5" tire versus a 10? What does greater circumference do for corner speed? My initial thought is its just more rotating mass on the axle. I just started to run dirt last season after 19 years of sprint racing. I am learning a lot from threads like these.

My brain is programmed from asphalt where going from a 6.00 to a 5.50 sometimes picked us up a half a second when the track was really tight. Would the 11.5" tire give you the effect of more grip in low bite situations?

I have been dying to try these. Thanks for sharing the video. I bought a set but don't have them mounted on wheels yet. I am still trying to decide what wheel widths are going to make the tires work the best as well as give me the proper stagger. Send me a pm with your phone number and we can talk more about it if you would like.
Thanks,
Wes

Thanks, this is the first one I have, so I don't have much info on them, yet. I plan to run them next time I am on the track.

What kind of circumference have these tires been getting on 10" wheels? Burris web site talks about 37"?? Seems large? What has been typical RR on 10" and LR on 8.5-8.75" and lf on 6.5? Havent owned a Burris in years. Thanks, John Elliott

I don't have one on a 10" wheel, yet, but the circumference on this on is about 36 1/4" at 8 PSI. They are large and you may need to change gearing to accommodate. Might even have to clearance the body.

What is the benefit of the 11.5" tire versus a 10? What does greater circumference do for corner speed? My initial thought is its just more rotating mass on the axle. I just started to run dirt last season after 19 years of sprint racing. I am learning a lot from threads like these.

My brain is programmed from asphalt where going from a 6.00 to a 5.50 sometimes picked us up a half a second when the track was really tight. Would the 11.5" tire give you the effect of more grip in low bite situations?

I have not been able to give these a good testing, but the way I am looking at it is more for high HP engines (in my case). That 9.5" tire on a 10" wheel is putting about 18% more tread on the track over an 8" tire. I also see an advantage in them being much easier to mount than having to stretch the sidewalls. Should work well in stock classes on momentum tracks. If I have my head on straight, these should give more speed at the same RPM as 11" tires, assuming the engine has the power to pull them. We're only talking about maybe 3" difference. I would also expect it to smooth the bumps just a little bit. I will have to weight them and see how much weight we are actually looking at. In the spring I also plan to video the tire in action and see what the sidewalls are doing in turns.

I don't think these would work as well in sprint racing were you slow down much more in turns. The extra weight will most likely take longer to get up to speed. Sorry, that probably didn't answer your question, but I am just starting to play with these myself.

Why would Burris design these new tires to roll out so big? It would seem that the volume market would be better served to be in the more "normal" size.

Why would Burris design these new tires to roll out so big? It would seem that the volume market would be better served to be in the more "normal" size.

The new B33B and B44B compounds are available in the 11" tall tires as well as the 11.5"

The 11.5" series is geared towards the high HP classes

The winner has been notified at YouTube. If i haven't gotten a response by January 1 it will go to the runner up.

Thanks to all who watched the video and/or participated in the contest. With enough views I hope to get manufacturers to support more drawings like this. Thanks also to Burris Racing for supporting us here at Bob's and on the track.

I've been playing with the new treads in a 22 compound, but would really like to hear about the slicks.

My weekly track is just really rough on me riding a tire that is down in the 34" range.

Back