ARC flywheel size

Evanguy

Hi, i am wondering if some one is able to measure the taper in the ARC flywheel or even a factory flywheel for the honda gx/ clone engines.

im not sure if the crank I have here takes a predator or clone flywheel and ARC wont provide that info.

even just the big end or small end of the tape would be fine

Evan

Hi, i am wondering if some one is able to measure the taper in the ARC flywheel or even a factory flywheel for the honda gx/ clone engines.

im not sure if the crank I have here takes a predator or clone flywheel and ARC wont provide that info.

even just the big end or small end of the tape would be fine

Evan
What engine do you have? The 6619 by arc looks like it's one size fits all situation. It only says that it may not fit the gen1-3 predator 212.

I'm not sure what the engine is honestly, its from princess auto (similar to harbor frate in USA) i cant find where it is made, even the emission sticker just says "princess auto"
it seems like a clone but then has different size valves and a 70mm piston, in all my searching i believe it may be a rebranded Tillotson 212 based off the valve size, piston size and the other parts measurements.

here is a brake down of the motor parts measurements, i used hemi and non hemi predator due to the 70m piston but i now don't think it has anything to do with the predator 212's

cylinder head is non hemi non predator (this is the head https://www.ombwarehouse.com/bare-cylinder-head-for-27-25mm-valves.html )
valves are predator 212 hemi valves 25mm/ 27mm/ 5.5mm
push rods are predator 212 non hemi 3.260"
piston is and odd one. its dished like the predator 212 non hemi but huge compression height. 0.038" ring thickness and 0.930 comp height
cam is a predator 212 hemi cam 0.549 cam journal
the rod is a GX200/clone rod ARC#6270 3.303/ 1.180/ 0.709
the crank has the gx/clone sized rod journal (i still need to figure out the flywheel taper, it might be gx or might be predator, i have found mixed information)

I'm not sure what the engine is honestly, its from princess auto (similar to harbor frate in USA) i cant find where it is made, even the emission sticker just says "princess auto"
it seems like a clone but then has different size valves and a 70mm piston, in all my searching i believe it may be a rebranded Tillotson 212 based off the valve size, piston size and the other parts measurements.

here is a brake down of the motor parts measurements, i used hemi and non hemi predator due to the 70m piston but i now don't think it has anything to do with the predator 212's

cylinder head is non hemi non predator (this is the head https://www.ombwarehouse.com/bare-cylinder-head-for-27-25mm-valves.html )
valves are predator 212 hemi valves 25mm/ 27mm/ 5.5mm
push rods are predator 212 non hemi 3.260"
piston is and odd one. its dished like the predator 212 non hemi but huge compression height. 0.038" ring thickness and 0.930 comp height
cam is a predator 212 hemi cam 0.549 cam journal
the rod is a GX200/clone rod ARC#6270 3.303/ 1.180/ 0.709
the crank has the gx/clone sized rod journal (i still need to figure out the flywheel taper, it might be gx or might be predator, i have found mixed information)
Hopefully dynodon checks this post as he has been doing some research on the 212 series engines and also helps out with akra. He would probably be able to get you the measurements. If you are in need of a 6619 I do have a used one for sale but I don't know how much shipping would be to canada.

I have only been working with the Ducar 212 by Dyno cams and the predator hemi by harbor freight. The head that he has pictured is a non-hemi head. However, the valve sizes confuse me. I’m not familiar with the non-hemi head and valve sizes. So I’m going to send this over to the Predator for him and see if somebody there might be able to help him figure out just what he has.

i asked about this motor in the predator forum first, its an odd motor for sure, i am a manual machinist so I'm able to measure and cross reference parts but i couldn't find the flywheel tapers anywhere to confirm before ordering

but
this morning ARC racing got back to me, they didn't supply me the taper size or numbers but told me my numbers form my crank were very close to the gx/clone taper size and also said although they have heard of cranks with clone rod journals and predator flywheel taper but have never actually seen one.

so now i have my rotating assembly on the way.
11132P214 -wiseco piston
6268 -extra long billet rod
6521 -wrist pin
6689 -flywheel

I have only been working with the Ducar 212 by Dyno cams and the predator hemi by harbor freight. The head that he has pictured is a non-hemi head. However, the valve sizes confuse me. I’m not familiar with the non-hemi head and valve sizes. So I’m going to send this over to the Predator for him and see if somebody there might be able to help him figure out just what he has.
Thank you dynodon. I thought you may have the measurements for the engines you have been working with as far as the taper of the shaft on the flywheel side for him.

Here are pics of the emission sticker, block code, cylinder head code and block sticker
53470930725_33a79f1b26_b.jpg

Attachments

• 1000002836.jpg
    1000002836.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 1000002838.jpg
    1000002838.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 1000002839.jpg
    1000002839.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
just to update this, i believe this motor is a 224 predator with a 55m stroke crank (the stroke measures 2.180")

although the block is different just the internal parts are the same

every measurement and item talked about i this thread leads me to believe this. the heads correct as are the valve sizes, fly wheel is correct, its the only motor i have found so far that has every part the same (other then the crank stroke and block it self)

https://4cycle.com/karting/threads/...rk-with-the-new-predator-224cc-engine.123567/

Back