arc rod

You can use a forged stock length rod or longer stock rod i believe for 2014. Max length is .015 longer if i remember correct?

As already said, not it's not legal. At our track however it is legal as a local option we the racers voted it in. The billet rod is heavier and offers no performance advantage aside from increased reliability in an otherwise legal clone. Less oil on the track and less holes in engines has been a win for everyone, yet you don't HAVE to have the billet rod. Several of our front runners just run the oem rods.

As already said, not it's not legal. At our track however it is legal as a local option we the racers voted it in. The billet rod is heavier and offers no performance advantage aside from increased reliability in an otherwise legal clone. Less oil on the track and less holes in engines has been a win for everyone, yet you don't HAVE to have the billet rod. Several of our front runners just run the oem rods.

X-2 Our local track in this area let's you run the billet rod from ARC as long as it is stock length, but alot of the guys still run a stock clone rod because it weighs less than the ARC billet rod.
But this is in the Pro Clone Class.

X-2 Our local track in this area let's you run the billet rod from ARC as long as it is stock length, but alot of the guys still run a stock clone rod because it weighs less than the ARC billet rod.
But this is in the Pro Clone Class.

We allow the +.010 or +.020 provided the motor still passes the CC test and does not have popup. Some of the guys are still nursing along old blue HF greyhounds and those can be .030-.050 in the hole.

Why? They are a machine shop, not a foundry.

not a foundry?

They don't make plastic, but they sell plastic fuel tanks and hoses.
They don't heat treat, but they sell 'treated rings'.

"Why?"... Because they are a parts shop and are one of the most talked about shops that I know who are always on the cutting edge of new developments. Perhaps they are doing research on this new rod before they offer it to the public... just as they did with the steel flywheel... I hate to second guess/speak for them, so I will find out.

if you ever get a chance to visit ARC....do it! it will open your eyes to everything that they have going on! they are not just a machine shop, nor are they just a parts warehouse....they have it all!

....Less oil on the track and less holes in engines has been a win for everyone, yet you don't HAVE to have the billet rod.

The new 'cast' rod and the '.251' oil return hole (rule change) Should help alleviate the problem in rod seizures/breakage.....(assuming proper build).
....Should be good for '7000' now....:)

ok....so they only have 99.1 percent of everything!! lol!! but...I do have a question on what screamer said....we don't have a oil return hole rule on our motors. would it be advantageous to smooth out the 'lip' on the hole in the head? would it be better to open this hole up bigger? i'm new to doing the work on my own heads this year.....and need some advise!!! thanks and back to our story on the arc rods.....

Back