Are most offset bodies 41-43 inches wide????

hotsam

newbie just wondering???? seems 43" would still let my wheels protrude just a little is that right????

Yes most are that size now, many years ago they came wider
are your wheels pulled all the way in on the RS?
Is it a straight rail kart?

offset kart, 8" tire on RF and 5" on LF. I could pull my RF in a little more but not sure where it will need to be till I scale the kart

I have an ultramax Vahlor body on my kart and have the rf spaced out a little and still have plenty of body on each side of the tires. The comp composites I sell seem pretty wide too just sold out forgot to grab a measurement

offset kart, 8" tire on RF and 5" on LF. I could pull my RF in a little more but not sure where it will need to be till I scale the kart

You need to scale your kart with the RF & RR pulled in as far as they will go without hitting anything, the RF will be in farther than the rr

Thanks for the input guys!!! and thanks xxx#40 for the info I figured thats what I would have to do but some setups I have read says start with the hubs in the middle of the spindle for more adjustment options. I am still trying to figure all this stuff out. I understand the process but everyone seems to have a different way to get there!!!

Thanks for the input guys!!! and thanks xxx#40 for the info I figured thats what I would have to do but some setups I have read says start with the hubs in the middle of the spindle for more adjustment options. I am still trying to figure all this stuff out. I understand the process but everyone seems to have a different way to get there!!!
You might wanna read that again, im about 99% sure they were talking about tie rods in the middle, or caster blocks lined up in the middle, its always been common practice in dirt oval racing, the RF is in as far as it can be without rubbing anything, some early karts guys would even grind on the spindle arm to allow more clearance, the RR the rim ends up being about an 1/8 off the frame rail, with a double clamping hub or a lock collar behind it to prevent it from getting against the frame rail
http://wardkarting.com/winfiniti.shtml
Middle of the page towards the bottom
http://wardkarting.com/winfiniti.shtml

I compiled the baselines for these chassis after pouring through hundreds of setups for every region and tire's submitted by team drivers and our own testing, and zero of them put the RF tire in the middle

I move the right side in as far as they go then put a straight edge on the inside to even them up before scaling.

Thanks for the help guys. I have them both in as far as they will go and used a straight edge to line up the insides. Gonna scale it tomorrow. I appreciate all the help.

Back