Are USA Brand Karts / Chassis using USA made Chromoly tubing?

I have asked the three main USA cart / chassis manufacturers if they are using USA made chromoly tubing and none of them give me an answer like it is some type of secret / propriety formula. Weird. I though they would be saying, yes USA made tubing. I used to make chromoly bmx bikes and would proudly say made in the USA with USA made / True Temper tubing. What do you guys think? Anybody know what kind of tubing Margay uses? Ger.

There's a big thread on frame tubing, etc. at KartPulse forums... The science tends to be in the geometry and mix of thickness and diameter... Last I knew, Trackmagic was using 4130, but that was a LONG time ago. iKart would be another to check, based out of Indy. Perhaps if you told them WHY you want USA-sourced 4130, that would help.

I have asked the three main USA cart / chassis manufacturers if they are using USA made chromoly tubing and none of them give me an answer like it is some type of secret / propriety formula. Weird. I though they would be saying, yes USA made tubing. I used to make chromoly bmx bikes and would proudly say made in the USA with USA made / True Temper tubing. What do you guys think? Anybody know what kind of tubing Margay uses? Ger.
Chassis technology is a closely guarded secret in all forms of motorsports. There is an awful lot of money that goes into the material engineering of these things. Similar to asking a tire guy for his recipes, you cant go ask the best and expect them to just tell you that.

Many manufactures are using other material or have experimented with another material or even a mixture. The ones that won't answer are probably using something else. Look up docal.

I asked this question on Margay's Facebook page. I asked if they use USA made tubing for their Chassis and they responded yes. Very cool. Ger.

Back