arm restraint belt question

Don't arm restaints normally hook in the middle of the seat belt hooks?

Between the shoulder belts in the buckle.

You don't want them hard mounted to the chassis. Need to be able to unhook belts and get out unaided.
This applies to all seat belt setups, no matter type vehicle you are driving.

The arm restraint belts ring slides over the crotch belt tongue that latches with the other belts.There is not room for them in the regular belt latch, thus they become an extension of the sub ( crotch ) belt. I watched a youtube video on their placement on a sprint car,,,,same harness configuration. Other thoughts?

That's fine too. Just don't let them slip down too far on the crotch belt and get caught up. You also need to consider that as they are dangling around it's easier for them to get caught on the release mechanism of the lap belt and undo ALL of your safety.

I always ran them on the buckle for the lap belts (after the shoulder belts) so it was easiest to get out of the car quickly.)
What I definitely DO NOT recommend is hooking them over the steering post before the quick release. I see guys do this all of the time in champ karts = bad idea.
Might be convenient, but definitely not as safe.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

That's fine too. Just don't let them slip down too far on the crotch belt and get caught up. You also need to consider that as they are dangling around it's easier for them to get caught on the release mechanism of the lap belt and undo ALL of your safety.

I always ran them on the buckle for the lap belts (after the shoulder belts) so it was easiest to get out of the car quickly.)
What I definitely DO NOT recommend is hooking them over the steering post before the quick release. I see guys do this all of the time in champ karts = bad idea.
Might be convenient, but definitely not as safe.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
Great advice as always,,,,advice taken. Thanks Brian.

Back