Armour wall

It's being done by Kevin Bishop, the owner of Venom Juice. The goal with it is to bypass the curing process between scuffing and racing. As far as any specs he can be contacted here per the website (864) 809-0059. Kevin's a good guy and I'm sure he is more than willing to answer any questions you have.

Developed over the last three years.
Increases tire contact patch size.
Manipulates the spring rate via stiffness.

It's said to speed cure time..
I would say not for the average racer , I don't know if one of those exist. :)

So when we're told that we have to run a certain brand of tire, and "recaps" are considered illegal, how is it legal to add material to the tires sidewall/construction?

It's legal till it's illegal.
It's not a recap.
If it works as stated and you can get three more races out of the tires its a win win deal.

I like the idea of its purpose. I've wanted to add strength to certain tires for a while, and I can see a lot of 33's being stiffened.

Now if or when it becomes illegal, the tech area will now need a tire breaker.

Already deemed not legal in FL. They did have a bead breaker in Tech at the race we attended Saturday. Not sure if any tires got broke down but it was posted that nothing was allowed inside tire except air and prep.

What’s KB?
I just heard about this stuff today. My two local tracks are not responding to my request about the legality of this stuff.

What exactly is Armour Wall?

It’s an insert that goes on the inside of the tire’s sidewalls to stiffen it, essentially a ring. KB is Kevin Bishop who was in charge of Venom Juice prep which is now handled by Chris at Track Tac. WKA/IKF struck it down when he approached them about it and he left the karting scene shortly after. Great idea, intent and the big wigs saw it as a threat to their tire sponsors because it would have made tires useable right out the gate and last longer which meant people buying less tires.

It’s an insert that goes on the inside of the tire’s sidewalls to stiffen it, essentially a ring. KB is Kevin Bishop who was in charge of Venom Juice prep which is now handled by Chris at Track Tac. WKA/IKF struck it down when he approached them about it and he left the karting scene shortly after. Great idea, intent and the big wigs saw it as a threat to their tire sponsors because it would have made tires useable right out the gate and last longer which meant people buying less tires.
WKA/IKF had nothing to do with it, kart tracks and quite a few series outlawed it once it got out that this was happening. Also was banned in WoO and i believe Lucas Oil as well.
As for useable right out of the gate, that was debatable and never got to be proven.
Tires would not have lasted longer, they lasted the same amount of time as before and since.
This was around for quite some time before it did come to an end.

Is this a rule at AKRA tracks under the AKRA guidelines? Or does the rule need to be identified like the tires rules?

Back