Asphalt at Watermelon Capital Speedway

Chivo

next race May 23rd

Update:

Attn: all racers

We are making every effort to make these classes fair and fun for all, We will have a mandatory meeting before the race to address and vote on the following, here are our options.
1) rules stay the same
2) split clone and flat head into 2 different classes no change in rules just run there own class.
Class #1 = Economy no rule change
Class # 2 = flathead no rule change
Class # 3 = S/A gas clone no rule change
***If this option is chosen points will start over at zero.

********We will have a vote at the drivers meeting next race

Change......The next race we will have a tech man that will be at the scales during the race it's still visual inspection only but from this point on we will have a safety inspection before the race you will get a sticker once your kart pass inspection. The inspection is a normal inspection double nuts, bumpers , carter pins ect.. If you don't get inspection and don't have a sticker at the scales after race you will be disqualified. If you don't make weight you will be disqualified its your responsibility to account for fuel burn off, weight is 350 not 349.

******If you plan on running 2 classes it will be $25 extra when you sign in the pits however you can only run 1 kart per class meaning when you come in ,you must report to the scales leave that kart and use a different kart for the next class, that kart must not leave the tach man till weighed.

*****Economy Claimer change = once you get to the scales you must inform the tech man you wish to claim a engine ,2nd place has first option to claim the winner if he does not want to claim it 3rd place may claim the winner. If you refuse to sell your engine you will be banned for 3 races on the first offense 2nd refusal your out for the season. Only the top 3 may claim an engine. Each person must take their own engine off in front of the tech man and at no time can it leave the scale area till its done. Claim is your engine plus $150.

For full payout its a 10 kart min

the whole idea of this track is fun, no bunch of rules so i say just give them their own class thats the only thing i see that can be a problem now that we got tech man

I agree it's for fun. Trying to make a living racing, just not panning out. We have a blast on the big asphalt oval. Split em up.

Back